29g mixed reef biocube

reef_collector

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys this is my 29g biocube, it was started in February of this year it's lit by a rapid led biocube kit that i put together myself. It has 24 cree led's, (8) 5 watt cool whites, (8) 3 watt royal blues, (8) 3 watt blues. I've modified the back of the tank completely, in the first chamber i have a 300 watt titanium heater, in the center i have a media basket from intank and rock rubble where the skimmer should go. Last chamber is my return which is the stock oceanic pump with a spin stream at the end.

Fish:
Premium snowflake clown
ORA naked clown
Six line wrasse
Yellow watchmen goby

Inverts:
Bi-color bubble tip anemone
Cleaner shrimp
peppermint shrimp
Standard clean up crew

Corals:
Lots of zoas and palys
LPS, red green blasto, kryptonite candy canes, canes chalice, dendro coral.
SPS, red monti cap, ponape birdsnest, green birdsnest , forest fire digi, montipora setosa
My only leather is a green toadstool

Maintenance & Filtration
I try to keep this tank as simple as possible since i'm upgrading to a bigger tank soon. I do a 5 gallon water change every week and dose seachem Fuel. I add c-balance 2 part as needed.

Duffam3434

**TASTE THE RAINBOW**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!! Great Clown choices!! Do they ever go after your Sexy Shrimp? I Love the Palys you grabbed too, Wow's are one of my Favorites I love that Yellow Green they have!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
reef_collector

reef_collector

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!! Great Clown choices!! Do they ever go after your Sexy Shrimp? I Love the Palys you grabbed too, Wow's are one of my Favorites I love that Yellow Green they have!!

Thanks! I love clowns and I wanted to mix it up in this tank too see what would happen if I put the naked and snowflake together. So far they've been good with each other, normal shaking and chasing around. I added 4 sexy shrimps without knowing that the sixline wrasse has a taste for small inverts lol and they are all gone .

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad about your sexys. I've had a small cleaner shrimp and a small emerald crab disappear shortly after adding them to my tank. I'm pretty sure it's either my sixline of flame hawk. If I can find out which one, I'll definitely remove him/her. I need an emerald crab because of bubble algae in plague proportions!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

OP
OP
reef_collector

reef_collector

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

OP
OP
reef_collector

reef_collector

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad about your sexys. I've had a small cleaner shrimp and a small emerald crab disappear shortly after adding them to my tank. I'm pretty sure it's either my sixline of flame hawk. If I can find out which one, I'll definitely remove him/her. I need an emerald crab because of bubble algae in plague proportions!

Sucks to hear, in my opinion it might of been the flame hawk because the six line wrasse has a really small mouth and at least mines doesn't mess with either the cleaner shrimp or the peppermint shrimp. Try a bigger emerald because if you pop the bubble algae in the tank the spores spread quick.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back