2x Acro ID

bean2986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I've had these two SPS is my tank for about 3 years. I have no clue what they are and was wondering if anyone recognized either of them. They are both under T5 and have been very slow growers. Any ideas are appreciated!

#1- Green base with blue tips. Polyps are dark purple on branches and green on base/skeleton.

PXL_20201017_201828326.jpg

#2- Some type of table? Didnt know what it was when I placed low. VERY long polyps but doesn't look like a Milli. Skeleton is pink, polyps are red and the long part is teal.

PXL_20201017_201911639.jpg
PXL_20201017_201932323.jpg

vpoiu1263

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No.2 you can check the picture from Google of acropora hyacinthus.
Cuz I can't really tell from your pics.

OP
OP
bean2986

bean2986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, the correct genus for toadstool is Sarcophyton. Japanese toadstool is just the name of a nice strain (or strains) that has both green polyps and capitulum. Its neither deep water or from Japan.

There's a lot of different varieties of toadstools in the hobby, but most haven't been given distinct names or lineages, or even identified as to species. Japanese, Tyree green, long polyp weeping willow, yellow fiji are a few. The best thing is to see one you like an adult of, and try to get a frag from it.

To tell Sarcophyton from Lobophytum can sometimes be difficult as they both can have upwards reaching "arms." The best way is that if the arms only involve the edge it is Sarcophyton; if the are arms sticking up from the middle, Lobophytum. Lobophytum is sometimes called devils hand, although Lobophytum is a better name.

edit: I don't know what Palau refers to in this context, sorry
No.2 you can check the picture from Google of acropora hyacinthus.
Cuz I can't really tell from your pics.

Almost looks like a faded Red Planet?

Back