1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1678364232164.png

Do they stick out like this?
YES! But they are a bit lighter orange than the fish is, there are less of them than on your fish. Did your sharknose goby start with less? Did it show any other signs of it not being healthy?
Sorry for all the questions.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think @Jay Hemdal @Tired
1276F0A5-423E-4D8C-AB45-3BD08ADD898C.jpeg
1D2EF2BE-163C-45E8-8F40-7A92918BC3E3.jpeg

The yellow clown goby is really sickly and has a bunch of these yellow dots that actually bulge out of his skin. This is really disturbing and he is not doing well at all. This doesn’t seem like Ich to me and no more spots on Nico but I don’t know much about disease.

Could be mucus plugs, but if the fish is showing other symptoms (not feeding, breathing fast, etc.) then either that is not what they are our the fish has multiple issues. I can't rule out ich in this case.

Jay

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be mucus plugs, but if the fish is showing other symptoms (not feeding, breathing fast, etc.) then either that is not what they are our the fish has multiple issues. I can't rule out ich in this case.

Jay
I haven’t actually seen him eat since I got him and I was hoping I could rule that out once the brine shrimp hatched.

Sailaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YES! But they are a bit lighter orange than the fish is, there are less of them than on your fish. Did your sharknose goby start with less? Did it show any other signs of it not being healthy?
Sorry for all the questions.
Yes. It started with 2 or three (also this is not my photo) my goby never got more than 4-5. I think it was just settling in because he is fine now. I would definitely make sure yours is eating though. Don’t be sorry!

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just let him adjust, keep feeding but don’t overfeed. Just don’t do anything too drastic?
Thank you very much for your advice :)

I would just like to ask you about your experience with keeping skarknose gobies? How are they? I really love them and want to know what their personalities are like.

Sailaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for your advice :)

I would just like to ask you about your experience with keeping skarknose gobies? How are they? I really love them and want to know what their personalities are like.
I could go ON AND ON about sharknose gobies! I love mine. He’s very active and is always curious as to what I’m doing/what the other fish are doing. They are small, but their personalities and color make up for it. I saw a ton of them while freediving in the Caribbean and they were never scared of me, approaching my hand and swimming in and around the corals near me. just a great fish. they are jumpers though and need a lid.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could go ON AND ON about sharknose gobies! I love mine. He’s very active and is always curious as to what I’m doing/what the other fish are doing. They are small, but their personalities and color make up for it. I saw a ton of them while freediving in the Caribbean and they were never scared of me, approaching my hand and swimming in and around the corals near me. just a great fish. they are jumpers though and need a lid.
I’d love a Hybrid Elacantinus oceanops x E. figaro its the turquoise colouring instead of the blue. Both are beautiful though. And I completely agree with everything you’ve said :)

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love a Hybrid Elacantinus oceanops x E. figaro its the turquoise colouring instead of the blue. Both are beautiful though. And I completely agree with everything you’ve said :)
Wow those are impeccable fish! I really do love the turquoise :)

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the yellow clown goby is moribund as it won’t eat and is not looking good at all. I have noticed the Pictus blenny scratching but still no spots.

Tomorrow I plan on getting three more bumble bee shrimp, two for my nano and if I get a female as I know the one I have now is a male it would be good to pair them. Tomorrow I also plan on getting some other things, two magnificent fire and ice zoas, a colony of four candy apple zoas and some more live rock.

Sailaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the yellow clown goby is moribund as it won’t eat and is not looking good at all. I have noticed the Pictus blenny scratching but still no spots.

Tomorrow I plan on getting three more bumble bee shrimp, two for my nano and if I get a female as I know the one I have now is a male it would be good to pair them. Tomorrow I also plan on getting some other things, two magnificent fire and ice zoas, a colony of four candy apple zoas and some more live rock.
Shoot. I’m so sorry. Sometimes this happens, I had a blenny who just didn’t eat and it got to the point where I had to put him out of his misery. Are the spots still there?

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So uh…
47B3D6BD-434D-426C-B856-C1D89048318B.jpeg
Now it’s not what you think it is, I didn’t get rid of the pico reef and make it freshwater…
8D55B614-50C3-40C1-88C6-D63FC96CB453.jpeg

I upgraded the pico to to a nano and made the old pico freshwater instead of getting the new coral because it and all the equipment was the same price as getting some cool new frags :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:

In doing so, I added a nassarius snail, a turbo snail and two more sexy shrimp to make it a bit more full and not look completely empty plus with a tank this size we need a bit of a bigger CUC.

I think I might buy a red firefish because the store that got restocked today (I’ll make an update right after this) got a small one in stock.
6AA45B11-686B-4FB3-B1E5-AC33F3F096A3.jpeg

I was so confused at first but then I realized it was a molt :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back