OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My most recent (and incredibly successful) time I’ve used Zipties/Tiewraps was when I attached a piece of plating monti onto my water outlet to cover it up when looking at the tank top down.
It’s already encrusted onto the outlet and is now growing out :)
I need a better photo but here it is.
AE211419-2C74-4C75-82C7-3C755C4BEB59.jpeg
Nice! I’m going to get some more coral soon because the GSP is happy and when I do I’ll stick it on the live rock I put on the back.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You might have some trouble doing that without getting too much of the nasty hatchery water into the tank. If you transferred the BBS over to clean water, then slowly dripped those in, that could be good.

Remember that it takes a day for the eggs to hatch, and that you have to periodically dump out the hatchery and replenish it with new water and eggs, meaning you'll have frequent pauses in your supply of shrimp unless you run 2 hatcheries at a time.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@i cant think any coral suggestions for this tank? I really like the GSP and I might get some xenia but I haven’t found any yet.
I would say try some Monti but it’s still rather new. Hm…maybe try a small leather if your nano has room when it grows?
Or if you can find it, try some red Xenia.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say try some Monti but it’s still rather new. Hm…maybe try a small leather if your nano has room when it grows?
Or if you can find it, try some red Xenia.
I'll take a look around and see what I can find. I currently have my eye on an orange ricordea, a rhodactic green purple mushroom, another little GSP frag of a different area and a zoa candy apple colony of four. I have just added a multi coral frag to it because my sexy shrimp were DESTROYING it in my nano, ill try to get a nice photo once they have opened.

@i cant think @Jay Hemdal @Tired
The spots on Nico have disappeared, it has been two days and there are none on my clown goby, as I wasn't even sure in the first place if it was Ich, am I in the clear or does it take longer for the spots to come back?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take a look around and see what I can find. I currently have my eye on an orange ricordea, a rhodactic green purple mushroom, another little GSP frag of a different area and a zoa candy apple colony of four. I have just added a multi coral frag to it because my sexy shrimp were DESTROYING it in my nano, I’ll try to get a nice photo once they have opened.
Absolutely get some candy apple Zoas!
An orange Ricordea will grow and get huge, my mothers are 6-8” in diameter when fully out.

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here in Indonesia everything Reef related (other than overseas products) are cheaper ;)
I’m genuinely scared to back to Australia because of prices :grinning-face-with-sweat:
sheesh where i am in the united states
sexy shrimp are 15$ each and bumblebee shrimp are $30-40$ each

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sheesh where i am in the united states
sexy shrimp are 15$ each and bumblebee shrimp are $30-40$ each
Yeah my rule of thumb can be applied here, if you are really lucky you can get sexy shrimp for 1.5$ but they are never in stock so I got mine for around 2$ I think, and my bumble bee was 4$.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1276F0A5-423E-4D8C-AB45-3BD08ADD898C.jpeg
1D2EF2BE-163C-45E8-8F40-7A92918BC3E3.jpeg

The yellow clown goby is really sickly and has a bunch of these yellow dots that actually bulge out of his skin. This is really disturbing and he is not doing well at all. This doesn’t seem like Ich to me and no more spots on Nico but I don’t know much about disease.

Sailaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1276F0A5-423E-4D8C-AB45-3BD08ADD898C.jpeg
1D2EF2BE-163C-45E8-8F40-7A92918BC3E3.jpeg

The yellow clown goby is really sickly and has a bunch of these yellow dots that actually bulge out of his skin. This is really disturbing and he is not doing well at all. This doesn’t seem like Ich to me and no more spots on Nico but I don’t know much about disease.
I’m thinking mucus plugs. My sharknose goby had these the first week and a half in the tank. They disappeared after that. I think they are pretty common in smaller gobies. If you want to rule out flukes you could do a freshwater dip (RODI) but they do look like mucus plugs. Let me see if I have a picture of my goby with them.

OP
OP
1epauletteshark

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking mucus plugs. My sharknose goby had these the first week and a half in the tank. They disappeared after that. I think they are pretty common in smaller gobies. If you want to rule out flukes you could do a freshwater dip (RODI) but they do look like mucus plugs. Let me see if I have a picture of my goby with them.
I have never heard of that and a quick google search didn't help. I would love to see photos as this makes me feel much better.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back