3 gallon fish options?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kehy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kehy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2019
Messages
329
Reaction score
316
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still in the planning phase, but I'm putting together a "garbage tank" where I'm sticking all the coral and bits I don't like, but can't/ won't get rid of. I'll be making most/all the hardscape for this tank, (including a garbage can centerpiece) so I've been toying around with making caves and arches and such, so plenty of hiding space.

Anyways, given that it's a large enough volume that I feel comfortable putting a fish in there, what would be my options. There will definitely be macro algae in this tank as well, so I don't think filtration should be an issue?
 
What are the dimensions of the tank?
Tank is about 10.5" x9'x 7.5". Gonna try to give the tank multiple layers with the hardscape, but it's still fairly small

Was playing around with some ideas in this pic
puhS2t4.jpg
 
N. Wennerae or G. Smithi is a great choice for a pico reef. They will eat snails and hermits tho
 
Throw a mantis in there!

Thought about it, but this tank will be too small to have the depth of substrate/ rubble they want, but still be nice to look at. (Although the centerpiece of this tank will be a garbage can...)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new