30 Gallon Not So Deep Blue

Absolutely beautiful – don't change a thing!
 
You are successfully keeping a set of mixed corals which is much harder than keeping softies, LPS, or SPS in dedicated-only tanks. Your parameters must be spot on. Can you give us some pointers that are unique to your husbandry?
Honestly I just keep it basic. I run an oversized skimmer. I dose BRS 2 part and perform a minimum 10 gallon water change usually I do more if I feel like I've over fed. I took it really slow. I feel like waiting for your tank to mature enough to add coral especially SPS is difficult but a necessity. Running carbon is a must. I hope that helps.
 
Sadly I just moved 1 week ago and tore the tank down and sold all the livestock. I was heartbroken but the thoughts of building a bigger badder tank have me excited.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new