OP
StevePhx

StevePhx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little fun today.

The canopy from Framing Tech arrived and was able to get it installed and add a few of my Kessils to see how it worked.

Still need to install the aircraft cable to the front so it can support the weight of the metal halides. (Can’t complete until tank is in place and plumbed)

Need to mount the T5 lights still as well. That will be this weekends project.

Tank arrives tomorrow so I may have to buy some food and beer and get some local reefers over to lift it into place

Once the sump arrives, I’ll be able to make some quick progress on this build.

26983490-FAFF-4256-A878-60EA9A6C6061.jpeg

OP
OP
StevePhx

StevePhx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a center brace. To get the height I wanted and to not have Euro bracing on the back it was the best way.

The bracing is low iron glass too so minimal light impact. Just have to scrub it every few weeks to keep algae and salt creep off

Check out Glass Cages. Give them a call and ask for Joe. Really great to work with and a really nice tank.

Great dimensions of this tank. I've been collecting bids for a 60x48x25 peninsula and so far they have all been out of my league. Did you have to have the center brace because of the height?

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I didn't notice the lack of the eurobrace on the back - what's your reason for that, access? I just sent them an email for a quote. Your review of his customer service so far sounds excellent. This one will be my "retirement" tank too. I have a decade to go, but I'm planning like mad to have all of the expensive stuff completed by then.

OP
OP
StevePhx

StevePhx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s exactly why. I wanted the overflow as high as possible but to have access to the top of the overflow I couldn’t have bracing.

Joe came up with a great idea so the center brace wasn’t too wide, there are angle supports in the back corners to add the extra bracing.

I have a bunch of local AZ reefers helping get it on the stand Sunday. Bill of lading list it at 700#s so built like a tank.

Oh I didn't notice the lack of the eurobrace on the back - what's your reason for that, access? I just sent them an email for a quote. Your review of his customer service so far sounds excellent. This one will be my "retirement" tank too. I have a decade to go, but I'm planning like mad to have all of the expensive stuff completed by then.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s exactly why. I wanted the overflow as high as possible but to have access to the top of the overflow I couldn’t have bracing.

Joe came up with a great idea so the center brace wasn’t too wide, there are angle supports in the back corners to add the extra bracing.

I have a bunch of local AZ reefers helping get it on the stand Sunday. Bill of lading list it at 700#s so built like a tank.
This is exciting!!!!! Can't wait to see this one set up. Thanks for the support. And your patiences as we worked through the design. turned out just gorgeous.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice tank !!1

OP
OP
StevePhx

StevePhx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An entire day of e-Marco 400 and super glue.

Looks like a mess but all the pieces are secured and holding. Going to give it 24 hours to dry before starting to transfer into the tank.

I’ve used the Nyos cement before but this e-Marco 400 is so much better.

The branch rocks are already stable without supports underneath and I have some with small attachment points.

92507795-0A1D-4EAD-A2E3-123584332758.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
StevePhx

StevePhx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. Still waiting on my sump. I was told it ships on Monday so hoping I can plumb it all next weekend.

Plumbing will take some time too.

-Cor20 plumbed to my UV
-Cor15 plumbed to my Paxbellum which will be plumbed into my CaRx
-Abyzz for main return with a manifold for a media reactor and cryptic reactor and dual returns.

By far my largest plumbing project

Coming together nicely. Are you getting it wet today?

blfuller123

375 Mixed Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. I was looking at an Advanced Acrylics sump. I just talked to them and was told current build time is 4-6 weeks. How long has it been for you? I know the covid thing has played into your delays...

OP
OP
StevePhx

StevePhx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been waiting just under 6 months.

Nice build. I was looking at an Advanced Acrylics sump. I just talked to them and was told current build time is 4-6 weeks. How long has it been for you? I know the covid thing has played into your delays...

Traian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice build, and I can't wait to see it all finished!

I've been procrastinating making a thread about my own build, but my tank and sump were also made by @Joe Glass Cages and I can bear witness to the top quality work and excellent customer service. I'll see if I can finally make a build thread this week.

OP
OP
StevePhx

StevePhx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my sump finally arrived. It’s a gorgeous sump but in full honesty I could never recommend them because of the extreme delays and lack of communication. I don’t want to derail the build thread but didn’t want others to have to ensure the problems I did.

The the weekend getting the drain and returns lines plumbed as well as a manifold to feed a media and cryptic reactor.

Leak test had a few issues. Two connections I hadn’t glued and leaks at both Neptune Flow Meters. Got two pipes glued and some Teflon tape on the Flow Meters and good to go.

Super impressed with the Synergy Reef Shadow Overflow. It’s super quit already and is has no problem with the Abyzz at 80%. Be curious to see how much flow once I get the Apex set up.

Added 350g of RODI and TM pro salt. Using the Brightwell fish less cycle solution to add ammonia and bacteria to the tank and also took a Brightwell plate that I added to my current system about 6 months ago.

Based on a conversation with Jeremy at Rap last year, the tank should basically be cycled at this point.

Still need to plumb in the UV and Pax Bellum. Also need to get the 20amp outlet installed. I tried to fire up all 10 Kessils and popped a breaker (I think the heaters were on too)

Need to get a bunch more pictures but good progress finally happening.

8570CE80-E3F4-4189-A227-8B367341B650.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back