32 Fish limit

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I want to add another fish (maybe two) to my 32 gallon. I currently have a pair of clowns, and a pair of dartfish. I want to add a sand sifter to help keep the sand white or an algae eater but would also love to have a show piece fish. The dartfish I have arent the sexiest. I got them because I was told they were juvenile zebra bar dartfish but they are not lol. I feel like they have earned their place in the tank. Is six in a 32 gallon too many? I know it would up the bioload. The dart fish stay in their cave most of the time so i'm not concerned with room as much. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six is probably about the limit, but it depends on specifics of your system like live rock, live sand, fuge, etc.

If you can find a bonded pair of twin spot gobies, they are cute at cleaning the sand together. And don’t contribute much to the bio load.

Cerith or nassarius snails will aerate and clean the sand. Fighting conch well as well, and they can be fun to watch.

OP
OP
Big_Mclargehuge

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Six is probably about the limit, but it depends on specifics of your system like live rock, live sand, fuge, etc.

If you can find a bonded pair of twin spot gobies, they are cute at cleaning the sand together. And don’t contribute much to the bio load.

Cerith or nassarius snails will aerate and clean the sand. Fighting conch well as well, and they can be fun to watch.
I have a couple nassarius snails but honestly they don't do much for the sand. Only move when its feeding time lol. It seems like gobies are the best for really keeping the sand nice and white. I'd love to have a show piece fish but maybe that will have to wait until I have a bigger tank. Thanks!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
conch.jpg

I'm gonna leave this right here.
:cool:

FullSend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word of caution with sand sifting gobies. They have mixed reviews, at best, on long term survival.

Twinspot Goby (Signogobius ocellatus): Terrible survival rates in captivity, rarely accept prepared foods or survive long even when they do
Diamond, Golden Head, Sleeper Gobies (Valenciennea spp.): Sometimes starve to death even when accepting prepared foods, tanks with large sandbeds containing lots of food will help as will frequent feedings when they will eat, mated pairs may help as well
Courtjester/Rainford's and Hector's Goby (Amblygobius spp.): Often will not accept prepared foods, need established tanks with a fine sandbed full of life
-From the "Difficult and Special Care Species List" thread

OP
OP
Big_Mclargehuge

Big_Mclargehuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word of caution with sand sifting gobies. They have mixed reviews, at best, on long term survival.

-From the "Difficult and Special Care Species List" thread
I have definitely heard this but it seems like all the gobies at my LFS take prepared foods well but maybe they still starve without having enough in the sand. I definitely dont want that to happen. I just love having a white sand bed (who doesn't?). But thanks!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%

Back