• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

3D printed magnetic scraper

Cflow

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2016
Messages
661
Reaction score
234
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wondering if anyone has made a 3D printed magnetic scraper that uses regular razor blades. Razors seem to clean much easier and a pack is just a few bucks.
 
I looked into making one. What held me back is that the blades I found always came with a oil on them. I didnt want to put that into my tank. If I could find some oil free blades, I would make one
 
They do rust quickly, so maybe only use for occasional deep cleaning when the regular blades aren’t working.
 
I looked into making one. What held me back is that the blades I found always came with a oil on them. I didnt want to put that into my tank. If I could find some oil free blades, I would make one
The oil is keep them from corroding. Just wipe off using alcohol and you're good to go.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new