3D printed Mp40 guards?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any other options other than neat aquatics mp40 guards?

splurged and got 2 mp40's wet side and battery back up. only to have my nice healthy yellow wrasse 4" get chopped up in the 1st week and NO it was running not in feed mode or slowed :( lame in know.

I am really supersized Eco tech sells so many of these? I think its a bad disign I am not new to reefing 10+ years but never had Mp line of power heads.

anyway now I must fork more out more $$$ to get guards witch will reduce flow....uggg
IDK might just go back to the Gyres

so any other options one should know about?

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my iSeaLive (dot COM) nem guard on my Nero 5 but I was more worried about my urchin and starfish crawling all over everything so that's probably more safety than you're looking for.

Limpet wide-flow guard for MP40 on BRS looks interesting. (Just thinkin' aloud).

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Neat with an MP10 and there is no noticeable reduction in flow. I actually prefer the wider flow pattern of the neat over the factory one
good to know you did not loose flow. i hear of up to 25% reduction??
I like my iSeaLive (dot COM) nem guard on my Nero 5 but I was more worried about my urchin and starfish crawling all over everything so that's probably more safety than you're looking for.

Limpet wide-flow guard for MP40 on BRS looks interesting. (Just thinkin' aloud).

the llimpet not more more protection than what they come with. still an open front and that is what worries me.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought these from fleabay. Not as nice looking as some but they have been working well on mine and are priced right (at least for my budget)

Screenshot_20220407-144303_eBay.jpg

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting the once from BRS I do think they reduce the flow but at least no more dead fish.
I am not sure if I'll keep the mp40 or go back to the gyres.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Neat with an MP10 and there is no noticeable reduction in flow. I actually prefer the wider flow pattern of the neat over the factory one
Was yours initially louder than the original cover? If it was, did the noise die down at all?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back