3g Office Nano

FisbanPico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have decided to start up a SW 3g JBJ in my office. My co-worker and I were talking about tanks a few weeks ago, and the urge stuck to start up a small tank in my office. Having previously run a 20L at my old townhouse, I have some experience.

The 20L was an inherited tank from a roommate. It was in terrible condition when I got it however, I was able to nurse it back to running order. The lights needed to be replaced and I didn't feel like dropping the money at the time to get some new better lights, so I decided to dismantle it.

Now, I have my own set up and will appreciate it much more. Plus I get to look at it all day at work and enjoy it much more!!!

Starting equipment:
3g JBJ Picotype
Coralife Aqualight 2x18w
Donated filter, for a little extra flow and rubble (from ficklefins)

Tank-1.jpg
2941585929_7507e3fb78.jpg

Starting Live Stock:
~3lbs of Seafloor Special Grade Reef Sand
~4.5 Live Rock

Plans:
I plan to have this be a coral only tank for a while, I will throw in a hermit crab for some cleaning, and possibly some sexy shrimp after things are rolling.

Probably stick to some ricordea and zoanthids at first, start simple and get more complex and the tank develops.

No heater at the moment, I will have to watch the temp and added on if needed.

Updates coming later today!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

FisbanPico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update!

I put in the rock, sand, and water!
IMG_0062.JPG
2941587793_67e1d4e1c5.jpg

Close Up
IMG_0058.JPG
2942444988_ec5ddbbd0a.jpg

I will be turning on the flow tonight after 5pm as to not disturb as many people at work :)

Last edited:

jasonstan

acan lover & proud of it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool little tank can't wait to see it progress, I asked the boss if I could have one. But it was a no go, to many health code issues, as he put it.

OP
OP
F

FisbanPico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 2:
Everything is looking good, I started the Penguin Biowheel 170 last night, it kicked up a little sand not to much though, it was all clear by the morning. I am going to take my water in Friday to test and see how its doing.

I only lost about a centimeter of water over night from evaporation, nothing much.

I put some rubble in the filter along with the charcoal and floss filters positioned as well as i could.

Looks the same as yesterday.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back