4 Fished died over weekend, 3 left. What is it?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I haven’t posted a video. The flasher wrasse appeared to be covered in a ton of white spots and almost looks furry. The melenarus wrasse has nothing. The foxface has a few white spots but I’m not sure if they are actually anything or just his appearance. They all are swimming fine, no noticeable breathing issues and are eating.
Thinking best bet is to just pull them and get them into hospital tank and start copper and go fallow.
Could be. The spots I saw though, if ich, weren’t severe enough to kill the fish….really strange.
Jay

OP
OP
Geebs19

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be. The spots I saw though, if ich, weren’t severe enough to kill the fish….really strange.
Jay
Would the fish that were dead, would they have still had white spots in them after pulling them from the tank?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the fish that were dead, would they have still had white spots in them after pulling them from the tank?
Yes, for a short time, but then the trophonts either drop off or become tough to see. A microscope is really the best way to confirm external parasites.
Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back