4 Month Cycle Breakdown

TheKingInYellow

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2019
Messages
331
Reaction score
299
Location
Winnipeg
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Bulk Reef Supply !

I am following the BRS/WWC hybrid series with my new build but I'm wondering if there has ever been a more concise guide to the 4 month cycle plan. I know there is always some variation in each build but it would really helpful to see the steps written down with a rough 'best estimate' guideline, for instance when the CuC goes in, what fish you added first, etc...

I'm just trying to sort out some things like do you add all non-tang fish first since the Tang(s) will likely be the most aggressive fish and usually go in last. When are they added in comparison to when the lights go on.

I've watched the specific video on the cycle at least twice but I guess I'm still not all the way clear on it.

Thanks!
 
Rock is in a closed tub with a powerhead, heater and air pump. Raw shrimp added three weeks ago along with two doses of Prodibio two weeks apart.

edit: I meant to add that this isn't my first reef and I've cycled tanks in the past but I'm trying to implement the more holistic and measured approach that BRS put out as it seems to make a lot of sense.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new