450 Gallon Miracle Ray/Shark Reef Build Thread

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yup never seen any with pink at all and this thing should be mostly pink with bright yellow tips. Hopefully it makes it, wasnt cheap lol
It's similar to a Pink Cadillac but in a Speciosa.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't say that, especially with the high price tag he paid! On a serious note, the Pink Cadillac is more of a pink base/skin and purple polyps.
I'm saying color scheme... Speciosa is better than Pink Cadillac. I like my Pink Cadillac though...
IMG_20230224_081841793.jpg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm saying color scheme... Speciosa is better than Pink Cadillac. I like my Pink Cadillac though...
IMG_20230224_081841793.jpg
Pink Cadillac is nice. It used to be expensive too. I remember when I spent $75 for a nub about the size of just the tip of your frag above...maybe 3-rows of coralites down. It grows super fast and is hardy, which is probably what drove the price down so far.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pink Cadillac is nice. It used to be expensive too. I remember when I spent $75 for a nub about the size of just the tip of your frag above...maybe 3-rows of coralites down. It grows super fast and is hardy, which is probably what drove the price down so far.
Man.. I got this, a frag twice this size of Acroberry, a smallish frag of Raindrops on Roses, and a frag of ROAB Digi plus shipping for $100 from BattleCorals.

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man.. I got this, a frag twice this size of Acroberry, a smallish frag of Raindrops on Roses, and a frag of ROAB Digi plus shipping for $100 from BattleCorals.
Yeah Adams a cool guy, probably the only other vendor I'd buy from these days unless I'm looking for something super specific.

Aquarium arts just got a bunch of chunky acro colonies (mariculture) and they actually weren't too bad price wise. I wonder what they would color up like .. pretty tempting but worried about pests

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's a little similar but the tips are more neon and the body is a little lighter. I just love the branching pattern on speciosa though!
And the Speciosa has visible polyps which is nice.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checkout how expensive Pink Cadillac used to be, 6-years ago. Now the prices are super cheap everywhere. Same kind of thing happened with the Red Dragon. Both are fast growing and hardy.

OP
OP
pandaparties

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checkout how expensive Pink Cadillac used to be, 6-years ago. Now the prices are super cheap everywhere. Same kind of thing happened with the Red Dragon. Both are fast growing and hardy.
Crazy to see prices change over the years. Feel like some always have the same price and others just tank

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BroccoliFarmer hey I heard you were the man to ask about frogspawns. I have sbb Kermit and peach. But I'd like another color. You got any vendor recommendations?
Try pacific east aquaculture:

They have a nice collection currently.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back