450 Gallon Miracle Ray/Shark Reef Build Thread

Screenshot_20230422-140344.png


Got this sick chalice coming!!!
 
@pandaparties I just happened upon your thread. Cool tank! I also have a Miracles DT and love it. It's great to see someone local with a large tank. I'd love to see it in person sometime.
 
Yes. Are you in AZ too?
Yes sir! I've been to your house (during COVID). Got a couple of pieces from you. Unfortunately I had a tank crash last year and lost all but one.
 
Yes sir! I've been to your house (during COVID). Got a couple of pieces from you. Unfortunately I had a tank crash last year and lost all but one.
Awesome! (not the tank crash). I see you're in Peoria so pretty close to me too!
 
@pandaparties I just happened upon your thread. Cool tank! I also have a Miracles DT and love it. It's great to see someone local with a large tank. I'd love to see it in person sometime.
I actually saw some of your frags on the marketplace the other day! Absolutely gorgeous tank :D hoping one day ill get mine close to that grown out. Also cool to hear you have a miracles! Love mine, build quality is outstanding and i feel like its gonna last a long long time. Definitely would love to show it off sometime :) quite the trek for either of us unfortunately haha
 
Well saw it's been a while since I've done an update... Up and down month for the tank.

On the down side my shark jumped out of the tank again and this time didn't make it. And I had to euthanize my vlamingi who had a bad eye infection that wasn't getting better. I also almost nuked my tank after my ATO failed and my tank was pumping air all day while I was out. Also been battling a random outbreak of cyano and gha.

On the plus side coral growth has been amazing. Acros are taking off and I feel like I have a new head on my collection of torches just about every week!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new