OP
GraphicReefer

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the lagoons, i know you're doing sps, but those shallow tanks are great with some nice and vibrant lps, acans, scoly, chalice. But sps's are equally awesome.

Im actually going light on the SPS ( Maybe a few ) . I LOVE softies and LPS... Im going to try to aquascape it so I can have proper flow and lighting for all types and just place my frags carefully...

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm contemplating getting a Six-Line Wrasse for my reef. If I don't get a Six-Line, can anyone recommend any other Wrasses' that can live in a 45 Gallon? I know most need 55+ ect

Looking forward to seeing this one stocked up! Nice job thus far. If you decide against the 6 Line I think you can get away with a Yellow Coris in a 45.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have one, I also have a 6 Line in another tank. Both are very cool fish. Graceful swimmers with a good personality. The Yellow Coris burrows into the sand to sleep in the blink of an eye. I only occasionaly catch him doing so but love seeing it. The 6 Line seems to have a bully reputation but I haven't seen mine do any of that. They both have a reputation as jumpers, but really any fish can jump. My yellow's in a tank with a lid but I only added the lid to keep Nerite snails in the water. Of course my hermits killed all of them so I now only keep the lid on maybe 50% of time or so.

OP
OP
GraphicReefer

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have one, I also have a 6 Line in another tank. Both are very cool fish. Graceful swimmers with a good personality. The Yellow Coris burrows into the sand to sleep in the blink of an eye. I only occasionaly catch him doing so but love seeing it. The 6 Line seems to have a bully reputation but I haven't seen mine do any of that. They both have a reputation as jumpers, but really any fish can jump. My yellow's in a tank with a lid but I only added the lid to keep Nerite snails in the water. Of course my hermits killed all of them so I now only keep the lid on maybe 50% of time or so.

I gotcha, I am going to have some of the rock work come out of the water and I'm probably going to plant mangroves in the DT as well so a Lid isn't really an option for me :( . I know all fish can jump I just want to minimize any loss.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya. I'm looking forward to seeing how your scape turns out. I like the idea of rock coming out of the water in a shallow build.

I wouldn't want to lose either of my Wrasse or any fish really to the carpet and should probably keep the lid on more. Both of my tanks are pretty peaceful save for a couple of Saphire Damsels but they really only beat on each other. I think if I had some other more agressive fish I'd worry a little more. I know at some point I'll lose a jumper and think back to this conversation!

OP
OP
GraphicReefer

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya. I'm looking forward to seeing how your scape turns out. I like the idea of rock coming out of the water in a shallow build.

I wouldn't want to lose either of my Wrasse or any fish really to the carpet and should probably keep the lid on more. Both of my tanks are pretty peaceful save for a couple of Saphire Damsels but they really only beat on each other. I think if I had some other more agressive fish I'd worry a little more. I know at some point I'll lose a jumper and think back to this conversation!

Do your Wrasses bury in the sand? Do you have Oolite?

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow does burrow... I used Caribsea Bimini pink in that tank and seems fine.
The 6 line beds down somewhere in the rock work.
I was afraid to go with Oolite in that it seems to get blown around too easily for my liking.

OP
OP
GraphicReefer

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yellow does burrow... I used Caribsea Bimini pink in that tank and seems fine.
The 6 line beds down somewhere in the rock work.
I was afraid to go with Oolite in that it seems to get blown around too easily for my liking.

Yeah I just ordered 40 LBs of the Bimini Pink... I think I will need another 40 LBs to complete the look I'm wanting... I had Oolite in my old tank and yeah my MP10's blew it around like dust bunnies... Im going to put the Oolite in my sumps Fuge.

OP
OP
GraphicReefer

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Stand is painted and I am starting to plumb my system. Just a question, is there a reef safe vinyl wrap or plasti-dip like spray that is reef safe? ( To have my protein skimmer pipe match my plumbing. )

Any info would be appreciated!

OP
OP
GraphicReefer

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soon! Ive been inundated with graphic design work during the nights so I've had very little time to work on it... I should have an update this weekend though! Its coming together nicely!

OP
OP
GraphicReefer

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening Fellow Reefers!

Ive been so inundated with design work I haven't had an an opportunity to work on the tank. Just have to put some finishing touches on it, plumb it, and I will finalize the aquascape. My livestock list is becoming a real thing now! Exciting ! ( Pictured: Final Tank Inspector Barnabas)

IMG_9753.JPG

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see it completed. I finally got all my corals moved over and love it. I turn the return pump off and just stand over and look down on all the corals.

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on which side of Orlando you are, there are some great reefers and lfs in lakeland/tampa/st Petersburg. One of the guys in Lakeland that frags a lot just got totm on that other site

Who's the guy in Lakeland? Curious bc I'm local to that area.

Never mind: found it.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back