OP
GraphicReefer

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've been neglecting my R2R Family!

Time for an update on the build! I present to you "The Purple Lagoon"!

I call it that because I used purple PVC and Vinyl wrapped my sump in Purple. Ive come quite far and its exciting! Still have some loose ends to tie up ( like my radion wires ) and plant my mangroves. I know the Radions are mounted high, I will probably adjust that, but Im not planning on keeping SPS. I like the idea of a look down lagoon. I still have to finish the thru-wall plumbing to top off my ATO and Water Changes... Waiting on some elbows to come in... Any other suggestions before I turn it into a wet system?
IMG_0099.JPG

Due to the high of the water, open top, and minimalist scape, what do you think I should keep? Im fine with just inverts too!

Happy Reefing Everyone

AquaART

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That aquascape is beautiful! I particularly like the mound of sand and the large canaleavered rock, it gives a real sense of architecture to the whole setting. Are you at all worried about the mound of sand simply sliding down over time, or possibly getting anerobic spots that could become potentially dangers if the former issue meets with the latter?

OP
OP
GraphicReefer

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That aquascape is beautiful! I particularly like the mound of sand and the large canaleavered rock, it gives a real sense of architecture to the whole setting. Are you at all worried about the mound of sand simply sliding down over time, or possibly getting anerobic spots that could become potentially dangers if the former issue meets with the latter?

Thank you! I wanted to go with something minimalistic but still provide some character... Im expecting it to slide down and settle naturally but Id like it to stay pretty close to what it is. I have considered the consequences but I think ill be ok, most of that is rock so maybe theres a half a square foot of 3" sand...

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work there! Doing something similar this winter, but custom and 4" higher. Finalized your stocking list? That scape looks like it would be very neat to watch the fish circle around and through.

LankyDutch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the Lagoon looking right now? I would love to build one myself like that.

LankyDutch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the Lagoon looking right now? I would love to build one myself like that.

OP
OP
GraphicReefer

GraphicReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Unfortunately I was having some major issues with my setup. My parameters were all within a good range but things just weren't "Right", after many months of testing and trail and error I decided to remove my Caribs Fiji Pink sand. I found Four (4) 1-2" nails/screws rusting to pieces in my sand bed. I was highly disappointed, I buy reputable sand to avoid these issues but I found I am not the only one who has experienced this after further investigation and googling. Naturally enough though, I am building a larger tank currently lol and this 45 will become my grow-out tank... Stay tuned!

Strawberry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

Unfortunately I was having some major issues with my setup. My parameters were all within a good range but things just weren't "Right", after many months of testing and trail and error I decided to remove my Caribs Fiji Pink sand. I found Four (4) 1-2" nails/screws rusting to pieces in my sand bed. I was highly disappointed, I buy reputable sand to avoid these issues but I found I am not the only one who has experienced this after further investigation and googling. Naturally enough though, I am building a larger tank currently lol and this 45 will become my grow-out tank... Stay tuned!
Any updates on this tank as a grow out tank?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back