OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished off bonding the lower part of the aquascape together yesterday. It's about 9.5" high by about 15" wide to give me clearance either side for maintenance and coral growth. Probably just looks like a pile of rocks in the picture, but I'm sure it will look okay once it's all together in the tank.
20201109_082146.jpg

I got it all in the brute as well and am dosing Dr Tims to get the cycle going and the rock established in the garage, as it's going to be in here for a couple of months whilst I wait for my tank. Just running a heater, circulation pump and air pump with airstone.
20201110_080218.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a quick update.

The aquascape is still in the brute bin doing its thing ready for when the tank arrives.

I bought a few more bits an pieces equipment wise and am in the process of upgrading my mixing station.

I received a call last night from my aquarium manufacturer to go over some of the design details and we agreed it might look better from a symmetry perspective, if the step was more central as apposed to the off-set in my original design. This will also increase the volume ever so slightly.

I should receive the final design this Thursday and would guess it will be in production next week with the steel frame.

OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the cabinet drawings back today to give me an idea of size and split.

ludford drop off 4.jpg

Having it this way will keep the doors of equal spacing and size.

ludford drop off 3.jpg

OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whilst I wait for the frame to be built, this is the rough design I have for the sump. It will probably stay pretty much the same as this.

I also am thinking about the ATO reservoir, which I will make up myself. On to a local glass company to give me a quote on that.
basic-sump.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following, nice stuff. Love a drop off!! Can I ask why you went theiling over clarisea on filter roller?
Mainly from a maintenance perspective. From what I saw I didn't like the way the fleece was fed from top to bottom, looked a bit of a fiddle to replace compared to the Theiling.

OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nearly 6 months have past since I first started this project and I finally get my new tank tomorrow. The aquarium manufacturer I chose have been severely impacted by the coronavirus epidemic and the lead time went from 12 weeks to 21 weeks, which is why this has dragged on so much.

Expect more updates to follow tomorrow, as I finally get cracking with the actual build.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nearly 6 months have past since I first started this project and I finally get my new tank tomorrow. The aquarium manufacturer I chose have been severely impacted by the coronavirus epidemic and the lead time went from 12 weeks to 21 weeks, which is why this has dragged on so much.

Expect more updates to follow tomorrow, as I finally get cracking with the actual build.

Oooh yay! Can't wait!

OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very quick update, I've managed to add just under 50 gallons so far today and have started laying out all the electrics.
Sorted out the return and drains for the weir, but not done any of the plumbing yet down below. It's all extremely tight down in the cabinet and I am cramming a lot of stuff in there.
20210317_194613.jpg

20210317_194444.jpg

More pics to follow tomorrow of the sump area.

OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've left myself a very tight sump area to cram everything in.

Just got the power heads running and heater running in th DT at the moment.
20210318_170846.jpg

OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having issues with my XF300 series controller, so might be a fault.
I am adding salt today and continuing with plumbing and equipment.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back