5.5 nightstand build

Addict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a small 5.5 and looking to keep it some what simple. The plan is to keep acans and mushrooms, a tailspot blenny and a couple of Pom Pom crabs. Filter will be seachem tidal 35 when they release it, but for now it’s a deepblue nano. I keep debating on a light, but an ai prime seems like a good idea. Other lighting option include reef brite, fluval nano or possibly a kessil. If you have any experience with the other lighting option please weigh in. So I know picture are the most important part of this so I’ll start with a custom lid and will follow as the build progresses.
3f8c2d5b7e838bb51ffe6b59d4825789.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a small 5.5 and looking to keep it some what simple. The plan is to keep acans and mushrooms, a tailspot blenny and a couple of Pom Pom crabs. Filter will be seachem tidal 35 when they release it, but for now it’s a deepblue nano. I keep debating on a light, but an ai prime seems like a good idea. Other lighting option include reef brite, fluval nano or possibly a kessil. If you have any experience with the other lighting option please weigh in. So I know picture are the most important part of this so I’ll start with a custom lid and will follow as the build progresses.
3f8c2d5b7e838bb51ffe6b59d4825789.jpg
Cool lid design! :) I would opt for a Kessil A80 or A160 with the spectral controller if you're not using an aquarium controller of any type.

OP
OP
Addict

Addict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No controllers on this setup, I thought about the tunze rgb light, but I would only utilize the light portion. Trying to keep it simple.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 117 42.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 132 48.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back