5.5 nightstand build

Addict

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2013
Messages
93
Reaction score
6
Location
East Tn
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a small 5.5 and looking to keep it some what simple. The plan is to keep acans and mushrooms, a tailspot blenny and a couple of Pom Pom crabs. Filter will be seachem tidal 35 when they release it, but for now it’s a deepblue nano. I keep debating on a light, but an ai prime seems like a good idea. Other lighting option include reef brite, fluval nano or possibly a kessil. If you have any experience with the other lighting option please weigh in. So I know picture are the most important part of this so I’ll start with a custom lid and will follow as the build progresses.
3f8c2d5b7e838bb51ffe6b59d4825789.jpg
 
Starting a small 5.5 and looking to keep it some what simple. The plan is to keep acans and mushrooms, a tailspot blenny and a couple of Pom Pom crabs. Filter will be seachem tidal 35 when they release it, but for now it’s a deepblue nano. I keep debating on a light, but an ai prime seems like a good idea. Other lighting option include reef brite, fluval nano or possibly a kessil. If you have any experience with the other lighting option please weigh in. So I know picture are the most important part of this so I’ll start with a custom lid and will follow as the build progresses.
3f8c2d5b7e838bb51ffe6b59d4825789.jpg
Cool lid design! :) I would opt for a Kessil A80 or A160 with the spectral controller if you're not using an aquarium controller of any type.
 
No controllers on this setup, I thought about the tunze rgb light, but I would only utilize the light portion. Trying to keep it simple.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new