500g shark pond placement

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally not silly. I use a drawing program (SketchBook), and very, very carefully draw what I want. Here's an example from my build thread (I think this took a good few hours to draw):
Fish Space 3 Left .png

It's best that you figure out the pixel: inch/foot ratio that you want. that way you can draw things to scale. For example, each of the open spaces between the cinder blocks is 4' across, which lets me figure out that yes, I can have an inch of space between certain tanks, or no space at all.

I know other users have used Excel (still confused on that), Blend (the art program), and there are some really amazing ones where people have used Google SketchUp (I'm still wroking on my sketchup skills).

Did you ever end up making this set-up?

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everybody I have some questions again, so what ray should I get? I want a very small species that is under 250 dollars, here are the canidates currently, I would love some recommendations!
Cortez Ray
Chilean round ray
Hallers ray
any others I should consider?

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everybody I have some questions again, so what ray should I get? I want a very small species that is under 250 dollars, here are the canidates currently, I would love some recommendations!
Cortez Ray
Chilean round ray
Hallers ray
any others I should consider?
None, focus on a bigger tank first. People are trying to help you, and your not being very cooperative. Focus on a 300+ gallon tank witch supporting equipment for delicate animals. I’ve had sharks , there not as easy as your standard fish.

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my dad said that I am not able to get the tank because the price of heating it, is there any way I could heat it that's energy efficient? or insulate it?

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None, focus on a bigger tank first. People are trying to help you, and your not being very cooperative. Focus on a 300+ gallon tank witch supporting equipment for delicate animals. I’ve had sharks , there not as easy as your standard fish.
Dude I don't want sharks, and I've done my research, I don't want sharks btw, and can't get a 300 gallon tank

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heat it up to the lower range, like 76 F or so.

Keeping styrofoam boards on the sides would help, and if you’re looking down on the tank, covering everything with styrofoam that’s not viewable would also help as well. Granted, the aesthetics of it wouldn’t look good, but it would reduce energy costs.

Oh, and using a cover to keep evaporation to a minimum as well.

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heat it up to the lower range, like 76 F or so.

Keeping styrofoam boards on the sides would help, and if you’re looking down on the tank, covering everything with styrofoam that’s not viewable would also help as well. Granted, the aesthetics of it wouldn’t look good, but it would reduce energy costs.

Oh, and using a cover to keep evaporation to a minimum as well.
the max for rays is 75 so it's more chillers in the summer and heating at night in the winter

Eagle.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the max for rays is 75 so it's more chillers in the summer and heating at night in the winter
Max we are not being rude to offend you. We are trying to say it like it is. I have done plenty of research about gem tangs. But that doesn't mean I can get one and if I did get one my hundreds of hours researching will not compare to a person that kept a gem tang for a week. My point is these people know what they are saying and have the knowledge and experience to back up their claims. Keeping a shark sounds cool but why do you think that sharks are only seen in a commercial environment.

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can’t afford the heating you can’t afford the tank. Chillers cost the same as heaters. Sharks and rays are similar requirements. And your thread literally says “sharks” in the title.
Yes, this isn't my new thread, I have a diffrent one, like I've said the threads have changed as i've learned info soo... also I DONT WANT A SHARK as I've stated multiple times.

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Max we are not being rude to offend you. We are trying to say it like it is. I have done plenty of research about gem tangs. But that doesn't mean I can get one and if I did get one my hundreds of hours researching will not compare to a person that kept a gem tang for a week. My point is these people know what they are saying and have the knowledge and experience to back up their claims. Keeping a shark sounds cool but why do you think that sharks are only seen in a commercial environment.
I know, here is my updated plan get a tank about 200 gallons, set it up, get my filtration lighting etc and a few basic fish that are hardy after the tank has cycled, so yes I am taking my time. I do BTW i don't want a shark, look at my other thread that has alot of replys

Eagle.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, here is my updated plan get a tank about 200 gallons, set it up, get my filtration lighting etc and a few basic fish that are hardy after the tank has cycled, so yes I am taking my time. I do BTW i don't want a shark, look at my other thread that has alot of replys
Have you kept a saltwater fish tank before?

OP
OP
M

Max The New reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you kept a saltwater fish tank before?
I have one 45jbj AIO and a had a 13.5 fluval, and a 30g acrylic tank, so yes I've had a saltwater tank before, also I know this is a advanced fish, You don't have to explain to me this is alot of time care and money for this to happen, also my plan is to get the setup and cycle it, then for about a year have some very basic fish in it, so I can learn the tank, this is what I've done with my other tanks, I have a flame angel in my 45g but I started for the first 3 months with some clownfish and a few gobys, because I knew better

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one 45jbj AIO and a had a 13.5 fluval, and a 30g acrylic tank, so yes I've had a saltwater tank before, also I know this is a advanced fish, You don't have to explain to me this is alot of time care and money for this to happen, also my plan is to get the setup and cycle it, then for about a year have some very basic fish in it, so I can learn the tank, this is what I've done with my other tanks, I have a flame angel in my 45g but I started for the first 3 months with some clownfish and a few gobys, because I knew better
Huge differences between a flame angel and a ray... flame angels are easy fish to keep, rays are not

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow thanks bud, your real positive
Every one has tried to help you. Based on your experience, age, money and space restraints, you have no way of providing for such an animal. Wait until you have more experience, moved out on your own, and have a job to pay for a 300+ gallon tank and supporting equipment

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back