54 gal stocking.

Thade_hicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a stocking idea for a tank, just wanna know opinions on if it would work!!

1 Fuzzy dwarf lionfish
1 Powder blue tang
1 snowflake eel
1 frog fish

GSP coral and Xenia coral

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont have much input on the dwarf lion fish or frog fish, but the powder blue tang is a big no for that size tank. This fish need lots of swimming room of a tank with a minimum of 6 feet which is no where near 54 gallons

Uroplatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No on the tang….especially a powder blue ,lion fish would probably be okay with the eel. The frog fish would probably eat everything or die trying

OP
OP
Thade_hicks

Thade_hicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No on the tang….especially a powder blue ,lion fish would probably be okay with the eel. The frog fish would probably eat everything or die trying
Not a permanent tank for the tang obviously. And why do you say especially no to
powder blue?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pairing anglers and dwarf lionfish is a very delicate operation, they can both potentially eat each other. The wartskin angler can't eat an appropriately sized lion, but a lion could eat a small warty. The marble mouthed angler which is showing up more frequently could be sized appropriately. The other popular anglers like the sargassum and painted will grow large enough to eat the lion. Unless very good at sizing and understanding the angler can eat a fish up to it's own size, and will try even larger, this many times ends badly.

Most people don't keep the snowflake alive long enough to reach it's full potential, a well cared for snowflake will reach close to 30" and about a 1.5" diameter, my personal recommendation is at least a 75g, at least a 4' tank.

Like others have said, the powder blue will require at least a 6' tank for activity and aggression.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a permanent tank for the tang obviously. And why do you say especially no to
powder blue?
cause they are some of the most active tangs out there. they need a lot of swimming room and 54 gallon is no where near enough room to suffice.

What dimensions is your 54 gallon tank?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back