OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is good to ghost @Frop he is alway up to something good.

Here is the new excitement... lol

I know this thing has been moist. I tightened it by hand maybe the last two weekends in a row. Still watching a water bubble or two after I get home (usually I wipe it by hand and it appears later but not dripping).
IMG_0559.JPG

I turned the water off and switched the pump to off to put more of that nylon on the threads. Then tightened everything back up and turned on the pump. From me moving the chiller the water started leaking out the back a lot quicker than a tiny leak on the chiller input.

Water got into the heater port in the back to. I heard some kind of noise and rushed to unplug everything (even the TV hehe). It is on a GFI and that port had a fuse but still.
IMG_0561.JPG

Also the little star fish thing has a friend on the glass (this is my sump).
IMG_0557.JPG

I think I lost 1 of my 3 SPS. But I was expecting them to be hard anyways.

I'd call that test error. Po4 usually doesn't change that fast.

I was thinking about it. I probably added chemipure elite after I saw that reading so it has GFO in it. I also just added some to this tank.

Frop,
I'm proud for you and it looks great!!!!!!!!!
I know you've been getting the 58 ready for a long time but your on your way, now. :)
Great job on refinishing the wood work too. Can't beat an Oceanic and you got everything at a great price with a lot of elbow grease.

Tagging along!!!!!!

Freddie
LOL,
@jsker changed stalking to ghosting. :)
So, I'm ghosting Frop's build. :D

I was just stalking your thread. Made me want to buy more coral when I saw your setup ;p I want some hammer corals. Maybe I'll end up with some. :D I really need to get my water cleaner. Tons of hair algae. I think my DI resin has been showing a couple TDS for the first 10 or so seconds when I run it then it drops to 0. (It would usually never has TDS creep I'd always bipass the RO water until I saw around 10 TDS then I'd route it to the DI and out to my bucket).

OP
OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the new excitement... lol

I know this thing has been moist. I tightened it by hand maybe the last two weekends in a row. Still watching a water bubble or two after I get home (usually I wipe it by hand and it appears later but not dripping).
IMG_0559.JPG

I turned the water off and switched the pump to off to put more of that nylon on the threads. Then tightened everything back up and turned on the pump. From me moving the chiller the water started leaking out the back a lot quicker than a tiny leak on the chiller input.

Water got into the heater port in the back to. I heard some kind of noise and rushed to unplug everything (even the TV hehe). It is on a GFI and that port had a fuse but still.
IMG_0561.JPG

Also the little star fish thing has a friend on the glass (this is my sump).
IMG_0557.JPG

I think I lost 1 of my 3 SPS. But I was expecting them to be hard anyways.

I was thinking about it. I probably added chemipure elite after I saw that reading so it has GFO in it. I also just added some to this tank.

I was just stalking your thread. Made me want to buy more coral when I saw your setup ;p I want some hammer corals. Maybe I'll end up with some. :D I really need to get my water cleaner. Tons of hair algae. I think my DI resin has been showing a couple TDS for the first 10 or so seconds when I run it then it drops to 0. (It would usually never has TDS creep I'd always bipass the RO water until I saw around 10 TDS then I'd route it to the DI and out to my bucket).

Remember how I said it was on the GFI. It wasn't :/ okay well it will be :)

P.s. On a weird side note. I've been doing all this documentation at work. One of my thoughts after this happened was, "I'm going to have to update the control plan." Ah yes.. odds of failure are high enough we need system in place...... lol dang it work.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Internal leak in the chiller or external?

OP
OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Internal leak in the chiller or external?

It me external (there the threads are to screw down the elbow that connects to the tubing). I just found out yesterday there is now a slight leak between the tubing and the. Barbs on the output (the plastic doesn't have barbs and I can't find ant replacement pieces online, maybe if I had a zip tie and a tip tie gun).

OP
OP
Frop

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of today my clown fish is MIA. My coworker made a joke if the fireworks scared my fish (this was before I got home to see it missing). What if.... I know my dog didn't even flinch to all the neighbors with their fireworks. My animals are all backwards.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few different varieties of "cyano" - I had a _ton_ of it recently, and noticed that there was significantly less in the mornings. Shut down the light for three days, about three weeks ago.

Haven't seen it since.

~Bruce

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The plastic vacuum? Ya that is for all the cyano I have. I had a before picture I cleaned the tank but I won't be posting it. Its ugly. And it's coming back after I cleaned it.
Frop,
Cyano or not, your going love that Python. :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 168 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%

Back