5g nano advice

Ghost415

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m new to the forum hello everyone! My question is if a A would have sufficient flow for a 5 gallon nano tank. I plan on usuing the spring and biomedia it came with aswell as sun chemipure blue I ordered. I mainly wana keep softies and I want to keep trumpet coral the green on and I wanted to see if anyone could answer my question.

so far my list is

5gallon tank
CaribSea sand
Dry rock
Aqueon 50w heater
Digital thermometer (it’s accurate, I’ve been testing it for a while now)
And an AC30

I want to just keep the corals and I want a goby and pistol shrimp
(I’m thinkin the hi Fin goby and maybe a tiger P shrimp?)

And “MAYBE” a snail not sure ik I don’t want to bomb the bioload since it’s such a small tank

trvsty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i just ordered a hi fin goby and tiger pistol shrimp for my 10 gallon. welcome to the forum. i'm assuming an ac30 is an aquaclear 30 lol it took me a minute. your bio load should be fine for the tank, just make sure you're cycling the tank before adding the fish. a snail or two should be fine, i don't really consider them in the bioload unless they die. if you have the space in the filter you can always add more bio media. if you're only keeping softies then you can just use like a par38 bulb or like an aquaknight light and everything should be fine.

OP
OP
Ghost415

Ghost415

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i just ordered a hi fin goby and tiger pistol shrimp for my 10 gallon. welcome to the forum. i'm assuming an ac30 is an aquaclear 30 lol it took me a minute. your bio load should be fine for the tank, just make sure you're cycling the tank before adding the fish. a snail or two should be fine, i don't really consider them in the bioload unless they die. if you have the space in the filter you can always add more bio media. if you're only keeping softies then you can just use like a par38 bulb or like an aquaknight light and everything should be fine.

Do you think using the AC30 would be enough flow for the 5g?
And yea I’ve been thinking aquaknight also lol and as for the biomedia I’d have to look into what I want to use. Like I said I’m planing on using the chemipure, the sponge and the media it came with. Maybe I’ll get rid of the sponge and use filter floss and make more space for media

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_20200529_061131003.jpg

trvsty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think using the AC30 would be enough flow for the 5g?
And yea I’ve been thinking aquaknight also lol and as for the biomedia I’d have to look into what I want to use. Like I said I’m planing on using the chemipure, the sponge and the media it came with. Maybe I’ll get rid of the sponge and use filter floss and make more space for media
yeah i think either ac30 or 50 should be fine especially for softies and the trumpet that don't need crazy flow. i would say do ac50 if you can, you'll have more space in it for bio media or a small refugium if you wanted to do that. you can always turn the flow down on it if you feel like it's too much. you can use regular old ceramic media or rock rubble or even some mini bio balls/bricks. your options are open

trvsty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plus having the slightly bigger filter and more media kinda opens up the ability to increase the bio load if you wanted to add another small fish or wanted to have a pair of gobies. do make sure to have a lid on a small tank like that too, i've heard hi fins are prone to jumping

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back