60 gallon stocking

bink177

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
25
Reaction score
3
Location
Maryland
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve finished setting up my sump for my 60 gallon breeder. I set this tank up a while ago using live ocean rock but I’m just now adding a sump and fish to it. The dimensions of the tank are 48.5" x 18.5"x 18".

So far, I’ve only added a pair of clownfish and some soft coral and they’re doing fine. I 100% want to add a one spot foxface and I heard that they can live fine in this tank because of the dimensions. What other fish can I add?

As for inverts, any cool ones I should get? I have some algae but I’m assuming once I get a skimmer, setup my refugium, and add the foxface it’ll be gone.

Any thoughts and recommendations are appreciated!
 
Would not put a foxface in that size tank. Its a very large fish and would be very cramped in a 60 gallon. I had one in my 70 and she got so big I loved her to my other 6 foot tank and she was way happier
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new