65g Stocking Advise

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add some more fish to my tank that will be a LPS dominant tank with a few SPS. Just upgraded my 32g so there’s a lot more room. I currently have 2 clowns, lawnmower Blenny, and a baby harlequin tusk (2-2.5”). Yes I will re-home him when he gets too big. I would like a tang (preferably one that I can keep, but fine to re-home. My wife wants a baby porcupine puffer. Maybe I’ll get to upgrade to a 150 some day. But what else might be good to add and any order in particular. I love the Midas, but have seen mixed reviews with them and the lawnmower together. The current tank is 36” long.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest a dwarf angelfish in place of the tang since you could keep it long term. Any tangs would need to be re homed when they get bigger, they do best in 6 foot tanks cause they need lots of swimming room. Porcupine I would not put in that tank with their size and how fast they grow. A toby (blue spot or valentini) puffer would be cute! They stay small. Just be aware they will eat your inverts!! I love my midas blenny, just not sure if the lawnmower would leave one alone! Cardinals are a good choice!

My 70 gallon stocking is 3 chromis, 2 damsels, butterflyfish, maroon clownfish, zebra goby, royal gramma, starry blenny, and a watchmen/pistol shrimp pair just to give you some ideas maybe!

if you did do a tang to re-home later then a bristletooth is your best bet

OP
OP
Ian Baxter

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest a dwarf angelfish in place of the tang since you could keep it long term. Any tangs would need to be re homed when they get bigger, they do best in 6 foot tanks cause they need lots of swimming room. Porcupine I would not put in that tank with their size and how fast they grow. A toby (blue spot or valentini) puffer would be cute! They stay small. Just be aware they will eat your inverts!! I love my midas blenny, just not sure if the lawnmower would leave one alone! Cardinals are a good choice!

My 70 gallon stocking is 3 chromis, 2 damsels, butterflyfish, maroon clownfish, zebra goby, royal gramma, starry blenny, and a watchmen/pistol shrimp pair just to give you some ideas maybe!

if you did do a tang to re-home later then a bristletooth is your best bet
Thanks! I didn’t even think of the dwarf angels. Not a big fan of the cardinals. I think they’re pretty boring and just sit there. lol. Anthias might not have enough room too right?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I didn’t even think of the dwarf angels. Not a big fan of the cardinals. I think they’re pretty boring and just sit there. lol. Anthias might not have enough room too right?
I would say no on anthias, they need a harem to do well. One male to multiple females, more females the happier the male is lol

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chromis I have are very active. I call them the zoomies lol. Add a lot of movement to my tank and they are just really goofy fish

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 129 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.3%
Back