OP
OP
D

Deep dive coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pic of my old setup for the 60 for reference.

20190907_201113.jpg

OP
OP
D

Deep dive coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made great progress yesterday. Main stand is about 80% done. Lower shelf bracing is installed. 3 of the 4 vertical center supports installed. Need to add the horizontal supports tonight which will be quick. I'm hoping for the main stand to be complete today. Doing to do a simple 2x6 stand for the sump and then level with composite shims. Once that's done I'll be ready to do side walls on top and then I'll be ready for the tanks.

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of right thos moment i will have access to all 3 sides from behind. We will see where that goes first.

Most of the in-wall builds I've looked at either had front access or wish they had. Stuff happens and having as much easy access as possible makes our tanks more enjoyable. You are very handy. It would not take much to put doors in the front wall above your tank.

Great build by the way. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
D

Deep dive coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the in-wall builds I've looked at either had front access or wish they had. Stuff happens and having as much easy access as possible makes our tanks more enjoyable. You are very handy. It would not take much to put doors in the front wall above your tank.

I am glad you brought this up. We are putting front access to each tank using linear modulus to raise the front openings. We are doing an accent wall with reclaimed barnwood. When the doors are already using cabinet hinges we will have full access to the front would about 10" of open a just enough to get in and then when the door closes it'll be completely invisible and you won't even know that there are cabinet doors there

FishTruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's good advice!! It's kind of neat to have just a picture frame with a fish tank on the inside wall... but contemplate your pane cleaning duties. It might be fine from the back and sides to the front - but check all the scraping and cleaning angles against your aquascaping plans and build accordingly.

OP
OP
D

Deep dive coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good advice!! It's kind of neat to have just a picture frame with a fish tank on the inside wall... but contemplate your pane cleaning duties. It might be fine from the back and sides to the front - but check all the scraping and cleaning angles against your aquascaping plans and build accordingly.
Absolutely. That's why we are adding the access panels from the front as well.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back