72x30x18 DIY build thread

ICP results. Explains why all my monti caps peeled to nothing. But acros are still doing well.


Screenshot_20250328-122503.png
Screenshot_20250328-122511.png

Weird
 
Phosphorus dunno if that matters. Need to understand that .


Calcium was a big oof. Test regimen is off. Clearly thought I was at 500
Phosphorus is good. Slightly higher than some people like but typical for a lot of people with SPS.
 
Why so was talking with @F i s h y about the results and we are too stupid to understand the difference between phosphorus and phosphate
Phosphorus is more than just phosphate. Phosphates measure one form of phosphorus but phosphorus is total phosphorus including phosphates.

Or something like that.
 
No, phosphate is not the same as phosphorus; phosphate is a molecule containing phosphorus, oxygen, and often other elements, while phosphorus is the chemical element itself.

This skim gets super nerdy.

I'm do e reading about it!
 
No, phosphate is not the same as phosphorus; phosphate is a molecule containing phosphorus, oxygen, and often other elements, while phosphorus is the chemical element itself.

This skim gets super nerdy.

I'm do e reading about it!
So what's the scoop can you put it into dumbie words for Jason and I
 
I think she basically found the same thing I said. Phosphorus tests do include phosphates (and other forms of phosphorus) but phosphate tests only include phosphorus as phosphates. Total phosphorus is all forms.
 
Kinda like Nitrates, Nitrites, and Ammonia are TKN (total Nitrogen basically with another Latin word in the middle).
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new