75 gallon DIY STAND

Cmedeiros

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone this is my second build.

Someone was selling a 75 gallon with an older pro-clear sump system with skimmer.

Came also with a set of lights t5s

And about 125 lbs of live rock.

Also kept her sand.

Paid about 350 Canadian.

The ladies tank crashed and she could no longer take care of it I thought it was a good deal so I picked it up.

It looked like there was never any maintenance lol so I had a few days worth of cleaning ahead of me.

IMG_4288.JPG

IMG_4291.JPG

IMG_4292.JPG

IMG_4293.JPG

IMG_5219.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

The rocks are undergoing a natural cure in a salt water barrel and are about 30% done the cure phase I will be aqua scraping the tank when the rocks are cured.

I ordered one of the new ecotech vectra s2 dc return pumps for the tank because the one that came with the tank was crap and it makes so much noise so I used it for the curing barrel to keep the water moving.

I already plumbed the tank has a manifold incase I decide to add reactors or w/e.

The thing I don’t like is this tank has a u-tube siphon overflow. I will eventually change that out and pre drill some holes for a herby style overflow possibly.

I do have check valves for the back siphon incase for some reason the power goes out.

IMG_5534.JPG

IMG_5564.JPG

IMG_5567.JPG

IMG_5579.JPG

The stand is not done yet and I’m not quite sure how I’m going to finish it. I might leave the back open. I’m gonna add doors to the front two openings.

Might go with white glossy doors or might use the same material as the finish on the stand. I used waterproof rubber vinyl. Had some leftovers from doing my flooring. 4.00 a sq it’s awesome stuff. I figured it would be solid for a tank. I will be finishing the corners and edges off with something maybe chrome trim.

Will post some more photos when I get her running next week when the pump comes in.

Last edited:

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id use the same material on doors that you use as the wrap (if its thick enough, or you can double up a sheet behind it). If you can do concealed hinges, those are a pain to set up but look much better imo. Even magnets/clips wouldnt be a bad choice.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back