75 Gallon FOWLR Stocking

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I’m new to saltwater, but have experience in freshwater. I know stocking saltwater is a little different so i had a few questions. I currently have a 75 gallon fowlr and have had it for a few months. The fish i have in it so far are
2 Clownfish
2 Royal Grammas
2 Banggai Cardinals
1 Diamond Goby

I have plans to add a flame angelfish later as the “centerpiece fish”. Is there anything else i can add or will the tank be maxed out with that? Thanks!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes you can add a few more! I’d say you max out at about 10 or so small fish or like 1-2 more bigger/active fish. But it’s not an exact science. It depends on fish size, where they spend their time, compatibility, and nutrients/filtration!

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also depends of your tank foot print. IMO that a long tank can hold more fish than a cube, or a high one. But yes you can add a flame angel and possibly 2 more small ones.

OP
OP
lilpew

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also depends of your tank foot print. IMO that a long tank can hold more fish than a cube, or a high one. But yes you can add a flame angel and possibly 2 more small ones.
Yeah it’s a long tank. Thanks!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably add another mid size fish like a wrasse or anthias for more movement

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought fox faces need bigger tanks? I don't want to end up rehoming any fish I get
I have seen them in 75 gallon but imo, they both should be in larger tanks. Maybe a kole tang or bristletooth if you wanted a tang

OP
OP
lilpew

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably add another mid size fish like a wrasse or anthias for more movement
I was looking and a six line wrasse would be nice. Do you think it would be okay to add a six line wrasse and a flame angel? I just really don't want to overstock the tank. Also, thanks for all the help!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of larger wrasses than that, something like a leopard, flasher, coris, or fairy wrasse. 6 lines arent my favorite as they are hit or miss whether they get along with other fish. I had one that liked to bite the fins of my anthias, leopard wrasse, and blue tang so I will not be getting one again, but you may have a different experience with them

OP
OP
lilpew

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of larger wrasses than that, something like a leopard, flasher, coris, or fairy wrasse. 6 lines arent my favorite as they are hit or miss whether they get along with other fish. I had one that liked to bite the fins of my anthias, leopard wrasse, and blue tang so I will not be getting one again, but you may have a different experience with them
I'll take a look at those. Thanks!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be careful about buying leopard wrasses, they have to be eating prepared foods before you bring them in, otherwise they usually perish in captivity. If you find one eating they are pretty hardy fish

OP
OP
lilpew

lilpew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be careful about buying leopard wrasses, they have to be eating prepared foods before you bring them in, otherwise they usually perish in captivity. If you find one eating they are pretty hardy fish
Yeah i think i would stay away from the leopard wrasses. I’m still very new to saltwater and don’t wanna get any super finicky fish yet. But the other wrasses you sent were really nice!

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 75/90 stocking list
gold flake angel
powder blue tang
purple tang
midas blenny
lemonpeel angel
banana wrasse
poor mans candy basslet (was still pretty expensive but oh well)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back