75 gallon Marineland

BadMatt14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with 2 fluval sea marines. One of them is a 59 watt. And the other is the 46 watt. Is this could enough lighting for anemones and easier sps coral? I have the lights at 100 during mid day and turn blue lights on at night. Any more light recommendations that won’t break my wallet? Oh the tank is probably about 24 inches deep

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a 75 gallon tank with 2 fluval sea marines. One of them is a 59 watt. And the other is the 46 watt. Is this could enough lighting for anemones and easier sps coral? I have the lights at 100 during mid day and turn blue lights on at night. Any more light recommendations that won’t break my wallet? Oh the tank is probably about 24 inches deep
Honestly, not. These are basic blue and white
Look at T-5 lighting or a pair of Aqua-illumination hydra 26 or prime

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say not enough. I have a 59 watt Fluval 3.0 LED which I think is the one you have, along with 2 four foot T5's on my 90g. In my case this is enough for Nem's , softies and LPS . I use the Fluval purely as a supplement to T5, to add a bit of shimmer and simulate a dusk/dawn.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Canuck antithesis lol.... seems to work for you so maybe I'm incorrect.
Lol, I suppliment like you do, but if I had 2 of the 3.0's I'd probably not use a florescent or not as many.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the Fluval marine led 3.0 is actually the most slept on lighting in reefing. Although I find a lot of people in reefing don't use too much Fluval (Hagen) products and in my opinion they do a good job at making great products at decent prices.
I've been around freshwater aquariums most of my childhood and everything was run with Fluval (Hagen) products, obviously there has been major improvements in fishkeeping, but for the value, availability and great manufacturing they are still a big leader in the aquarium world... obviously this is my opinion, others may not agree.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back