75 Gallon Mixed Reef

oigimsar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still putting my fish list together for my 75 as well...it is really hard to decide on fish. I don't think there is any reason you can't have blennies and gobies in the same tank. I had several in my last set up (80g) and never had any trouble at all.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC00426.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to some unforseen events I will be shutting down and selling this tank. Maybe I'll build another in the future.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow was looking good, to bad you have to brake it down.
Question where did you get those thin containers you are using for dosing?

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I might be finally winning this battle with cyano. We'll see at the end of the week. Give it a week to make sure. I certainly hope so. Tired of seeing this stuff.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So much for that. I had moved a blenny to my sump because he was nipping corals and came home today to find him in the skimmer pump. So call that lesson learned. Cleaned up the pump and a did a small water change just to be on the safe side. Cyano already showing its head again. Argh... poor blenny. :( Had I went ahead and moved him to the other tank. Cyano isn't showing up too bad, see what it looks like tomorrow. A dead fish and a plugged up skimmer certainly didn't help the situation.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spose I'll do a pic update. Some of the LPS were attacked by the blenny which is why he ended up in the sump in the first place. Pics are kind of blue I swapped the AB Special for a B+. I'm still using a Sony cybershot for pics.

My platy. It was doing quite well and showing nice growth and color before the blenny went after it. My Solar Flare favia. It took a beating too so I won't bother taking a pic of it. It looks better than the platy. Hopefully they'll both make a nice turn around. I have more faith in the favia than the platy.

DSC00122.jpg

My Convict chalice. It too was lunch one afternoon for the blenny.
DSC00113.jpg

My Clementines. This actually grew 2 new heads really quick. I got it as a single head from the previous live sale along with the the chalice and favia from Joe. Actually most of the corals I have right now came from Joe.

DSC00115.jpg

Goochsters. There are 2 small heads finally starting to grow on these. I picked up an aiptasia that has attached itself to the plug but haven't gotten around to nuking it yet. I'm going to pull the frag out and do it outside the tank.

DSC00114.jpg

My scoly which has a piece of sand on it. Had to get that off after I took the pic. Some micros I picked up local at place called SEA, some pink elephants and some cheap acans I picked up local as well.
Not sure why these don't look so great in the pic but they look way better in person. I turned the lights back on for the pics. Lights usually go off at 8pm.

DSC00109.jpg

And some Sunny Ds - these also have a new head about the size of a pencil eraser.

DSC00118.jpg

I got some Mayan Sun zoos from Joe as well but the remaining head wasn't opened up for pics. I lost one of the heads to the blenny. :squigglemouth: Thats why he was in the sump.
I had made some cages for the one's he had went after and very next day he went after the acans so that was the day he went into the sump.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update. The cyano is finally under control and the frags the blenny lit into are looking better by the day. Got a couple of new frags coming hopefully Friday. I'll get some pics of those when they arrive and have had time to open up. In the meantime here's a few new pics.

FTS - not the best. Especially when I had the camera crooked.
tank.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

I'll try to get some close ups later.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.6%
Back