feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
parms-1.jpg

Top 3 graphs are Mg(red), Ca(green), and Alk(yellow). Around July 13th I had an Alk OD. I'm talking a nice big nasty snow storm. I'm surprised I didn't lose anything. The graph is created from the spreadsheet I log my water parms in so the OD event isn't not reflected there. Looking at the graph things seemed fairly stable from March up until around that time. Any ideas why things are bouncing around so much since? I haven't made adjustments to my dosers and other than the extra WCs for about 2 weeks to try and get things stable I've stuck to my usual routine. The other stuff at the bottom are salinity, po4 and so on, but would require a new graph to bring into a resolution to be able to see any real info from those.

Last edited:
OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot. My lighting and camera don't get long very well but here's a pic of a little something I picked up recently... I'll try to get a pic of 'em in the tank soon.

blastos-1.jpg

thirty5

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot. My lighting and camera don't get long very well but here's a pic of a little something I picked up recently... I'll try to get a pic of 'em in the tank soon.

blastos-1.jpg

those are beautiful. I love blastos. where did you get them?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh wow those are awesome!

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spose I should update. After major issues with A/C which seems to be finally fixed I'm still forking out a few bills to fix the damages. I've also decided to replace my skimmer which I feel was too large for my tank because it had problems maintaining a nice foam head so I went with a smaller model. I've had to replace all my bulbs due to the heat causing spectrum shift, but spose it's just as well since the bulbs were 6 months old and close to end of their life for good lighting. The heat also apparently killed off most of my snails so I'm dealing with a hair algae bloom currently. ATO pump has been fixed so we have more stability and a new skimmer which works like a charm. I'm still working on adding a fuge to the sump and will update with some pics once the tank is back to looking like it should.

Erock68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep up the fight...your reef looks outstanding. We all fight the battles, whether big or small.

Stick with it, that reef is too nice to give up on!

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the baffle in for the fuge. Not the best design, but should work nicely. Also you can see the new skimmer. Have a fixture I installed with a 6500k CF bulb. May need to adjust the height, but won't know until I get some chaeto. Also added in a little dry rock rubble for pods. Ordering some chaeto today. I have BRS filter sock holder, socks, and the last of the bulbs I need to replace coming Wednesday. Once I get the chaeto and see that its doing ok I'm going to scrub the rock one last time to get rid of as much GHA as possible and do a 3 day black out to help see if I can kill it off. I plan to run the fuge light at night while main lights are off. Still need to replace my CUC, but will have to wait until next pay check. Gotta pay rent. If only I could deduct the damages from my rent... Anyway here's a pic of the sump mods. Oh yeah, I relocated my media reactor so its no longer in the sump.

sump-fuge.jpg

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it rains... it pours. Apparently the USPS is not competent enough to deliver a package with my replacement CUC to the correct address twice. They managed to get my chaeto delivered last week, but this week they failed to deliver my snails.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what they were thinking, but 2.5 hours after they say delivered I received my CUC. Off to make a quick acclimation for my replacement snails. Going in the QT tank so I can pick thru and make sure I don't toss any dead ones in my display.

OP
OP
feh

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So maybe there is a new build... less time equals less water volume i can manage. still not decided on tank size with height in mind but foot print on it. 24x24x?? So, let's put some pun in the fun.

Mother - Pink Floyd (Lyrics) - YouTube

Anyway... hmm. I learned Tuesday 9/24 two days after turning 40 my grandmother has cancer. I don't know much other than few words shared to me after the biopsy report so I don't know. I lost my mom and dad before I even saw 40. I got very little close or close to immediate family left. She is the last grandparent I have. Not exactly ready to let her go, but in meantime I try to busy myself instead of dwell on negative things I can't help or control. She's 87... certainly lived a long life, but as I said not ready to let go. So other than work, I need to distract myself from that and just enjoy the time I am blessed to have with her. She has surgery Wednesday. This is a deciding factor in this new build. I can keep moving with it, but it might drag out. We'll see. I wanted to be there Wednesday, but we're short handed and I'm afraid to even ask off after returning from vacation after 3 people quit. Pray for my grandmother. I will start a new build thread when I find the time. This tank is coming down, but only for a new beginning. Meantime back to life and the things that distract me.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back