75 gallon recommendations with the current stocking

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Im upgrading from my 15 gal to a 75 gal mixed reef and I would like some suggestions on stock to add. I feel like there could be a couple more to add to this group.

Current stocking
2 ocellaris clownfish
1 Yellow Watchman

In Qt
1 ac Coral Beauty

Waiting on order from Dr Reef
1 tomini tang
1 lineatus fairy wrasse

Fish I am thinking about
1 Tailspot or midas blenny
2 Firefish

NC122606

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been thinking of these two anthias. Can I keep them alone? I have also read that people have a hard time keeping them.
Yes you could keep these two anthias alone. Also if you do end up looking to get one make sure to do research to give it the best chance of living. If you are worried go for the sunburst anthias as they a bit cheaper than the blotched anthias. Also pick out a healthy specimen and have a pretty matured tank!

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you could keep these two anthias alone. Also if you do end up looking to get one make sure to do research to give it the best chance of living. If you are worried go for the sunburst anthias as they a bit cheaper than the blotched anthias. Also pick out a healthy specimen and have a pretty matured tank!

Yeah, the system is only 5.5 weeks old so I will definitely be waiting on that for a bit. If it weren't for the stupid vermetid snails on the 15 i could have seeded it from a very mature tank and been much further in my progress.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for a couple more wrasses, if you want any help on what ones to go for then I’d be happy to help (Just give a number you’d want and I can make up Atleast 10 combinations for you to look through).

Also, I would ditch the idea of a Diamond Goby until you have a 2-5 year old established tank and even then you ideally want a 2-4” sandned to have one thrive. 2 Firefish may work however you’d need to find a bonded pair, only the Nemateleotris magnifica is communal, the rest may potentially murder eachother as they mature.

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go for a couple more wrasses, if you want any help on what ones to go for then I’d be happy to help (Just give a number you’d want and I can make up Atleast 10 combinations for you to look through).

Also, I would ditch the idea of a Diamond Goby until you have a 2-5 year old established tank and even then you ideally want a 2-4” sandned to have one thrive. 2 Firefish may work however you’d need to find a bonded pair, only the Nemateleotris magnifica is communal, the rest may potentially murder eachother as they mature.
Who doesnt like more wrasses! Im open to mixing wrasses. As a side note I have a cleaner shrimp that my girlfriend really loves and I would prefer it doesnt become a meal. This is why I picked the fairy wrasse that im waiting on.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who doesnt like more wrasses! Im open to mixing wrasses. As a side note I have a cleaner shrimp that my girlfriend really loves and I would prefer it doesnt become a meal. This is why I picked the fairy wrasse that im waiting on.
Ive done a few articles on wrasses so feel free to read them (A friend on here did a Paracheilinus article). Then if you want I can give combinations of wrasses I think will do nicely :)

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive done a few articles on wrasses so feel free to read them (A friend on here did a Paracheilinus article). Then if you want I can give combinations of wrasses I think will do nicely :)
I will definitely check those out and get back to you. Thanks for the advice!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back