• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

8"-9" Purple Eunice/Bobbit Worm For Free

4theluvofcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a 8-9 inch purple colored Bobbit worm in my 125 gallon just a moment ago and was wondering if someone, by chance, would want one? I know some people set up tanks for them and he hasn't been a nuisance in my reef tank but was quite surprised when I found him. I know they have a bad reputation but I would be willing to give him to someone local I am in Southern California by the way. Willing to meet up if someone wants him? I would just feel bad to kill him for no reason, he hasn't done any damage to my tank and I know they can get big and I'd rather he go to someone that specifically wants him.
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
4theluvofcoral

4theluvofcoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you catch it? Lol
Well we saw this purple colored worm inside a small rock we were cleaning algae off of so it was just really lucky as the rock was already in the bucket. With some coaxing from some forceps I was able to make it come out on it's own. Then we did some searching, and it didn't look like the traditional Bobbit worms we pulled up but we also learned that Eunice worms are what they are sometimes called too.

BranchingHammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I want it THAT much lol, thanks for the offer. I just think it would be so cool to have a tank with peanut/bobbit worms in it and you could spot feed them. Just like a nano or something...

OrangeCountyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s still something that surprises me to this day, that there are always new critters just appearing in our tanks. I am always finding new living things in my tanks that I have never seen before.

Daniel Thompson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a 8-9 inch purple colored Bobbit worm in my 125 gallon just a moment ago and was wondering if someone, by chance, would want one? I know some people set up tanks for them and he hasn't been a nuisance in my reef tank but was quite surprised when I found him. I know they have a bad reputation but I would be willing to give him to someone local I am in Southern California by the way. Willing to meet up if someone wants him? I would just feel bad to kill him for no reason, he hasn't done any damage to my tank and I know they can get big and I'd rather he go to someone that specifically wants him.
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Do you still have the bobbit worm? ill will take it

leewish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be interested but I’m across the country :(
Where in PA are you? I’m in PA and just found a small one in my tank if you want it. Pulling rock today or tomorrow but don’t have it loose yet. It’s small.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    44 MB

Daniel Thompson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in PA are you? I’m in PA and just found a small one in my tank if you want it. Pulling rock today or tomorrow but don’t have it loose yet. It’s small.
I'm in VA can you ship? I'll pay for label

hidud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Do you still have it?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back