8 gallon / 35 litre nano reef

London_pico_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my 8 gallon nano reef, been running for a year however had to switch tanks due to a crack the other day, hoping everything will grow over it a bit making it look a bit more grown out and natural, still everything seems happy enough after the switch 8AA85F69-BCF6-44DB-BDBC-17FE2324CF27.jpeg A7136CF1-6E6B-4EE1-AC2D-FB82B19FAB5B.jpeg

OP
OP
London_pico_reefer

London_pico_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pretty! Tell us a bit more about the tank and your maintenance routine, if you don't mind?
For sure, i do a 40-50% water change weekly and just before that I’ll pick out any algae and clean the glass with a razor blade. As for filtration I have an eheim experience canister filter, no skimmer and that’s about it. I feed the corals once a week and fish are fed pellets throughout the day. Not too much that goes into it. Hoping now I have a new tank without cracks in it, it will be able to grow out fully in the next year or so

OP
OP
London_pico_reefer

London_pico_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appears to be a popular choice! I've just started a 13g Fluval Sea Evo using the standard light but think I may need to upgrade to get colours like yours! Will be a few months until i get any corals in mine though. Only had water in it for 2 days :rolleyes:
Good fun getting it all set up and yeah sometimes it’s good to just go for the top lighting, saves multiple upgrades which ultimately wasted money, and you get lovely colours from the start! App for ai prime it’s great as well

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back