bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I haven't got that yet! However, the previously mentioned laundry room, is going to double as a frag room, that's where the ahhh-lowboy-chuuuu, excuse me, will go!

The low boy has awesome dimensions if you like shallow tanks. Where did you get yours from?

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The low boy has awesome dimensions if you like shallow tanks. Where did you get yours from?

I love shallow tanks, top down view is the best. Mine is just a DBP 80 Rimless Edge series. I actually got it off Craigslist almost 2 years ago brand new, never wet. I'm definitely getting the lowboy. My problem is gonna be the light. I'll be dead in the ground if I spend another 800 dollars on a light.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love shallow tanks, top down view is the best. Mine is just a DBP 80 Rimless Edge series. I actually got it off Craigslist almost 2 years ago brand new, never wet. I'm definitely getting the lowboy. My problem is gonna be the light. I'll be dead in the ground if I spend another 800 dollars on a light.
How big is the tank u are going to be lighting. U could get black boxes on Amazon for $100 a pop

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank u are going to be lighting. U could get black boxes on Amazon for $100 a pop

I wouldn't trust 100 dollar lights over 300 dollar 1" frags tho. See my predicament? All in good time I suppose. I will take it easy and do some side work and try and come up with the money to buy ANOTHER ATI Sunpower. It's really the best. IMO

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it is, I'm hoping I will like it once it's covered with algae. I'm thinking of putting some crushed coral or a coarse sand around the base of the rocks. What'd ya think?
Might be hard to clean the sand with the tile under it. Are they bonded together or just set in place? I'm think the sand might try and get under the tile.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't trust 100 dollar lights over 300 dollar 1" frags tho. See my predicament? All in good time I suppose. I will take it easy and do some side work and try and come up with the money to buy ANOTHER ATI Sunpower. It's really the best. IMO
Look at ocean Revive t247 Rico from Rico’s reef tank on YouTube only uses those lights for his thousands of dollars worth of sps.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be hard to clean the sand with the tile under it. Are they bonded together or just set in place? I'm think the sand might try and get under the tile.

Lol, who cleans their sand. Haha I know I know, but honestly I've never cleaned the sand in my tank. It's always been fine, taken care of by CUC and every once in a while I'll hit it with a turkey Baster. No, the tiles are just laid down. I didn't want to join them together or glue them down in case the idea doesn't work or if I want to frag a monti or something I can just lift the tile out.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, who cleans their sand. Haha I know I know, but honestly I've never cleaned the sand in my tank. It's always been fine, taken care of by CUC and every once in a while I'll hit it with a turkey Baster. No, the tiles are just laid down. I didn't want to join them together or glue them down in case the idea doesn't work or if I want to frag a monti or something I can just lift the tile out.
I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier when I saw the tile, but screw sand bottom and bare bottom... coral bottom! I'd be gluing frags down there and filling the tank with color.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier when I saw the tile, but screw sand bottom and bare bottom... coral bottom! I'd be gluing frags down there and filling the tank with color.

That's the whole point Robin! But glue won't stick to glass, most people use starboard but I thought I'd be unique and use tile.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to hurry up and get this thing running... the wife won't be mad forever. Hahaha

lol it's cycling as we speak! Trying to be patient :)
I'm so excited what I bought for it, it's really the last piece of the build, it'll tie everything in you'll see!

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI Sunpower?

Aw man, you really need to go back to like page 5 and catch up on my build lol I already have the Sunpower on the tank buddy! Start at page five and just check it out page by page,that's where things get interesting. [emoji57]

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My lights are down and my coral is pouting...
IMG_20170717_202406562.jpg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just the flat part is new. I'm letting everybody settle in before I move stuff around more. The Tailspot has already claimed the whole thing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.7%
Back