A photo of my favorite mushroom! What's yours?

Do you keep mushrooms in your reef tank?

• Yes I love them

Votes: 553 68.0%
  • Yes but not by choice...can't eliminate them

Votes: 41 5.0%
  • No never

Votes: 65 8.0%
  • No but I want to add some in the future

Votes: 95 11.7%
  • Other

Votes: 31 3.8%
  • I like them but can't keep them alive

Votes: 28 3.4%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm pretty keen to sweet shrooms as of late, although I need a ton more! That being said I'm not on the "up and up" on what's all available, colors, names, etc. So I thought it would be cool for us to share our most favorites!

Please share a photo and the name of your most favorite mushroom!

WWC Bounce Mushroom is my current favorite!
IMG_2201 2.jpg

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty keen to sweet shrooms as of late, although I need a ton more! That being said I'm not on the "up and up" on what's all available, colors, names, etc. So I thought it would be cool for us to share our most favorites!

IMG_2201 2.jpg
I see @LRT has given you a topic for the day :cool:
Love the Bounce!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I adopt mushrooms that people don’t want, so far gained a Florida Ric, Yuma Ric, Blue Discosoma, Green Rhodactis. Still hunting for more in my Nano.
Green Rhodactis
image.jpg

Yuma Ric
image.jpg

Blue Disc
image.jpg

Florida Ric
image.jpg

Still trying to find small fish safe mushrooms that I don’t have the colours of (Any ideas or recommendations would be fantastic).

UltraKelius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mushrooms that were gifted to me. They were lovely and puffy when I first popped them in but slowly over time have shrivelled to tiny heads. They seem to absolutely hate my tank, and I’m ok with that! Think not enough nutrients for them as I have nitrates at 2.5ppm. I’d rather keep my nitrates low and not have the shrooms.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Voting other.
I have mushrooms, I like mushrooms, but I can’t grow mushrooms.
I bought a rock of Yuma and a rock of rhodactis, all but one died on each - and it’s been like that for almost a year…
Added a poll option for you!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mushrooms that were gifted to me. They were lovely and puffy when I first popped them in but slowly over time have shrivelled to tiny heads. They seem to absolutely hate my tank, and I’m ok with that! Think not enough nutrients for them as I have nitrates at 2.5ppm. I’d rather keep my nitrates low and not have the shrooms.
My nutrients in my nano are rather low and for some reason my mushrooms love it, possibly something predating on them?

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2201 2.jpg
^^^^ that was my fantasy

vvvv this was reality :eek:
AM-JKLUnq_uY6V-FT3EQsi6egRJRna3xaPwnSdvmQT_S-tiWNs8GnwfFUqlauPV4_bBHZ96Q5MwhZTfOoUIUoW9q9UD0HXthnld4HOnO4XAreU96AooKAKWcvNgMGR0TQRSMauqJxtjd327IE2uGGIApdj_V=w1680-h945-no

So now, never, ever any mushrooms in my tanks. Ditto, for pally's. Zoas are still allowed but that may change, lol.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I adopt mushrooms that people don’t want, so far gained a Florida Ric, Yuma Ric, Blue Discosoma, Green Rhodactis. Still hunting for more in my Nano.
Green Rhodactis
image.jpg

Yuma Ric
image.jpg

Blue Disc
image.jpg

Florida Ric
image.jpg

Still trying to find small fish safe mushrooms that I don’t have the colours of (Any ideas or recommendations would be fantastic).
I have a nice big bouncer rock colony of Ricordea Yumas in my 4’ tank, same mother mushroom as the ones in my Nano had. They can get about 4” across when in the heat of the day!
image.jpg

image.jpg

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dislike green disco shrooms. They came in on a rock and now I have to many. My problem is my tanks 95% acros and the disco shrooms release and sting/kill anything they come in contact with.
I remove 5-6 every couple weeks and they just keep comming.
20211231_145544.jpg

Back