OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting day tomorrow... Ive a 4 hour round trip to pick up one of my long waited and favourite fish... a choati wrasse... a fish shop I use regularly has kept him in one of there coral trays for 3 weeks for me so fingers crossed all will go well...

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting day tomorrow... Ive a 4 hour round trip to pick up one of my long waited and favourite fish... a choati wrasse... a fish shop I use regularly has kept him in one of there coral trays for 3 weeks for me so fingers crossed all will go well...

Hopefully it is eating well, I am on a waiting list! ;)

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully it is eating well, I am on a waiting list! ;)
Apparently it’s strong and eating.... I’ve been looking for about a year now, I’ve got another shop holding another one for me for me as well, they only got him Friday... if your LFS uses TMC Manchester they have had a few in recently...
I use this fish finder map they have to find which shops have recently bought what fish I’m after, simply add your postcode... it’s a great tool that not many know about...

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently it’s strong and eating.... I’ve been looking for about a year now, I’ve got another shop holding another one for me for me as well, they only got him Friday... if your LFS uses TMC Manchester they have had a few in recently...
I use this fish finder map they have to find which shops have recently bought what fish I’m after, simply add your postcode... it’s a great tool that not many know about...

Southwest Marines is my lfs, they deal with TMC Bristol, they have one in settling for a couple I know, in theory I am next on the list! ;)

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the choati has done a disappearing act at the LFS I went to today... major bummer, but I have another one promised....I still came back with a few goodies though, pair of candy cane pipefish and a lovely sub male rhomboid wrasse.
3405EB21-4E4E-4B95-A014-89776C2A7103.jpeg
4559FA5F-AD81-4784-820E-BDB51F55F25A.jpeg
06A88AF8-692C-471B-8DE1-FE372A850119.jpeg

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disaster one of my pipefish has disappeared, the other is fine and feeding on cyclopese and pods, hopefully his buddy has taken a liking to living behind all my rockwork

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a crap couple of days, still not seen one of the new pipefish... and my Katherines wrasse jumped, somehow got on top of the jump guard there’s a very small gap in one corner where I have a level sensor...not a good day.. on a more positive note the Choati is still alive but hes still pacing but not as bad as he was, his body clock is way out at the moment he’s awake at 9 and in bed at 5 which may be why he’s pacing...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello All
I've been on the site for awhile, posting, asking questions of you and chatting but I have never set up a tank thread, this is not a new build, I've had this tank for over 5 years. It's gone through several changes, some good, some bad, I've tried most systems from full Berlin to Matrix via Zeo and I am currently using a Clarisea Roller Filter, 2 algae reactors and a BK Double cone 200 skimmer. I use a GHL Profilux 4 for control and lighting is taken care of with 3 Orphek Atlantic 2.1b's. The tank is 66" long, 30" front to back and 24" tall, with a fairly large sump giving a 900L system.
I'm sorry for all the fans of minimalistic aquascapes I love lots of rock, hiding holes and a full tank look. I have tried hard to try to create depth of vision by placing corals and rocks at the front of the tank, and not just building a wall, and I have been rearranging the display recently and trying different coral placements, and cannot get it quite right.
Here are a few pics for starters, I'm not a photographer by any means and am using an iPhone, I will get the DSLR out if the pictures aren't upto scratch, any suggestions comments etc very welcome. I hope you enjoy my tank.

IMG_0755.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG
Nice tank

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy day today, I thought my Choati had died, as it had been at least 2 weeks since I last saw it... but he’s out and about this morning, that’s the longest I’ve had a wrasse hide...
Sadly my happiness was short lived, I found my Chaoti dead this morning, it was so thin... I’m not going to try this species again so hard to get feeding...

OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've been having several power cuts recently so switched out one of my return pumps for a vectra M2 and connected it to a battery backup... now have an MP6o and gyre in the tank as well as the new vectra RP on battery back ups... as well as a UPS running my GHL P4 and WiFi hub... so I know what’s going on if I’m away and have a power cut... I’m a bit redundancy mad but this should help until I can get my generator fired up...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A quick couple of pics just before my lights go off of a new handsome dude I bought earlier, a nice submale labouts fairy wrasse (Cirrhilabrus laboutei)
778A3A8B-AB1D-45A5-89A1-326BDBED23DD.jpeg
24D7C463-4DC1-4716-871D-4CEEBF5256AB.jpeg
Nice:)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back