A2 Apex to A2 Apex migration

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a HUGE ask but is there anyone who can at least point me in the right direction? My 6 mo Apex A2 failed and Neptune sent me a replacement with a link to a 7 page article on how to transfer my stuff over. I'm lost and nearly had ALL my stuff shut down. I installed the new Apex but when I go to my Neptune App it takes me to my old Apex and obviously tells me I'm not connected to fusion. At least my two COR 20's came back on and are each running at 4 led speed which I suppose is some kind of backup. At this point I don't have control of ANYTHING. I can see my old app is telling me I have a bunch of new tiles but I can't access them. HELP PLEEEESE!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post the link to the transfer process? One thing I can state is that you can't have two live Apex controllers on the same network (chaos will ensue!)

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post the link to the transfer process? One thing I can state is that you can't have two live Apex controllers on the same network (chaos will ensue!)
https://neptunesystems.zendesk.com/...A2-Apex-EL-to-A2-Apex-EL-Apex-Migration-Steps
E3B7FF9E-57FA-437E-AEE3-D02D677E4049.png

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can, but you need to run static ip's, I do it currently. Previously with 2 classics and a jr, currently with a classic & A2 model.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same generation to generation apex swaps aren't hard, but you need to have a backup from the old one first. If you can't get into LOCAL fusion on the old unit to either pull the outlet configuration or back it up, your SOL.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same generation to generation apex swaps aren't hard, but you need to have a backup from the old one first. If you can't get into LOCAL fusion on the old unit to either pull the outlet configuration or back it up, your SOL.
So I'm going to need to put everything back on the old unit? Then do what? The problem with the old unit was it kept disconnecting from fusion and I needed to reboot it every time I needed a feed mode or anything.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Google is your friend. Read his info, it tells you how to clone it. But if you can't log into your old fusion setup your in for a long night.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm going to need to put everything back on the old unit? Then do what? The problem with the old unit was it kept disconnecting from fusion and I needed to reboot it every time I needed a feed mode or anything.
At least get it accessible, so you can pull the old config from the head unit.

IMHO, you should prolly be doing this on a PC instead of a phone, if not on a PC already.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least get it accessible, so you can pull the old config from the head unit.

IMHO, you should prolly be doing this on a PC instead of a phone, if not on a PC already.
Does it matter that my Apex itself is only loaded on my phone and iPad and has never been installed on our Mac laptop?

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Google is your friend. Read his info, it tells you how to clone it. But if you can't log into your old fusion setup your in for a long night.
I don't think I'm going to mess with this tonight as I at least have my pumps running. It was a little scary when nothing was running. I plugged my inkbird and skimmer in to a power strip but is there any way for my COR pumps to run independent of Apex? As I said they're both running at the 4 led setting which is not what they were programmed for on my old unit.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it matter that my Apex itself is only loaded on my phone and iPad and has never been installed on our Mac laptop?
Nope local fusion is web based, not a app. You need to look up the IP address of the unit and directly log in. It will be more than likely be an 192.168.xxx.xxx number that you will need to put into your web address bar and log in to the unit. You can do that from your Mac laptop.

IIRC the cor 20 can run independent of an apex. The buttons are the speed adjustment. I have touched one in a few years (Cor 20), but I remember it running independently. You just have to plug it into a socket. I think the cor 15 requires an apex.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope local fusion is web based, not a app. You need to look up the IP address of the unit and directly log in. It will be more than likely be an 192.168.xxx.xxx number that you will need to put into your web address bar and log in to the unit. You can do that from your Mac laptop.
I know I'm stupid about this stuff but where would I find that IP address?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm stupid about this stuff but where would I find that IP address?
Ok....

First step get power to the old apex.

Second step, there are a few ways, if you have a Neptune display, you can use that. Otherwise you need to log into your home router and look up the IP via the connected devices or something near that verbage.

i can look up addresses remotely for my router but I'm a bit more techie than most (wasted engineering degree). You want to see a screen like this. Showing connected devices and addressing. The device will be named 'apex'. Don't mind my setup as I have more than one apex running so I want to id them easily.

Screenshot_20230107-174741.png

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok....

First step get power to the old apex.

Second step, there are a few ways, if you have a Neptune display, you can use that. Otherwise you need to log into your home router and look up the IP via the connected devices or something near that verbage.

i can look up addresses remotely for my router but I'm a bit more techie than most (wasted engineering degree). You want to see a screen like this. Showing connected devices and addressing. The device will be named 'apex'. Don't mind my setup as I have more than one apex running so I want to id them easily.

Screenshot_20230107-174741.png
I found the IP address on my home mesh system but figured it was for the new Apex since it was the one hooked up, (wired connection). Switched the internet connection and power to the old Apex and found a different number, ( oddly only .11 different). I imagine this is the number we want. I switched it back for now since my main return pump shut down and wouldn't restart until the new Apex was hooked back up AND the COR driver was briefly unplugged. For some reason my second COR, (which runs through a UV), kept running. Neither of these pumps are running at the rates they were set for. Attached is the dashboard I was able to pull up from the old unit. Good news?

Attachments

• 98C61546-5BAC-4EBF-A16D-CB72A36B9CF5.png
    98C61546-5BAC-4EBF-A16D-CB72A36B9CF5.png
    387.2 KB · Views: 18

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great news, you can log into the old unit! Next time around, plug in the old unit, and log into fusion with the IP address you saw. Type the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx number into the search/website bar at the top.

Now read the 1st post in the link I posted above, it will explain how to back up the old apex, so you can copy the settings to the new.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw the cor pump(s) probably are running on some fallback mode or default due to not being programmed to the current apex head. Do you have the cor pumps plugged to a outlet or direct to the eb832.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great news, you can log into the old unit! Next time around, plug in the old unit, and log into fusion with the IP address you saw. Type the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx number into the search/website bar at the top.

Now read the 1st post in the link I posted above, it will explain how to back up the old apex, so you can copy the settings to the new.
Thanks so much. I won't bother you anymore tonight other than to ask if you understand what's going on with my COR pumps. Do you think if I reboot the driver after I switch back to the old Apex it may run as it is now?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much. I won't bother you anymore tonight other than to ask if you understand what's going on with my COR pumps. Do you think if I reboot the driver after I switch back to the old Apex it may run as it is now?
Frankly, I'd run them independent of the apex, until your sorted out.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back