A360X NARROW REFLECTOR

Chinastream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of the narrow reflector, it works well for 360x with a magnetic attaching.
Normally a 360X can cover 24'' wide, with the narrow reflector, it will cover about 18-20''. But it obviously will be more brighter, it's good for PAR and SPS if you want.

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of the narrow reflector, it works well for 360x with a magnetic attaching.
Normally a 360X can cover 24'' wide, with the narrow reflector, it will cover about 18-20''. But it obviously will be more brighter, it's good for PAR and SPS if you want.

Thanks for the reply.. Very interested in and your comments is what I was wondering

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Narrow Reflector narrows the beam to a 20" by 20" coverage and increases the penetration from 2.5 Feet to 5 Feet. !his will triple to beam intensity!

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried the Narrow Reflector on my office BioCube because I noticed the light was getting occasionally splashed at 8in. I raised the light to 12 and added the narrow reflector and the coral started to show signs of bleaching. I would use an acclimation mode if switching to the Narrow Reflector. The reflector really intensifies the beam and it is nice to be able to have the light high and out of the way.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, be sure to turn down your intensity and acclimate back up. You may not be able to go as high as your original peak intensity.

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have an extra reflector they took off their 360x? I think I need one for this tank!

20200323_104348.jpg

Passedyouby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unique for sure! I thought it was something found online/photoshop haha!

Are you trying to grow anything at the bottom?

Well that depends on how the @Kessil performs! :) my elegance and meat coral have been loving life down there! Just ordered a par meter to see how well light really can penetrate that sucker. Thinking the reflector is going to be a must for growing anything photosynthetic

U

User1

View Badges
Here's a before and after picture with the narrow reflectors on my 4ft tank. I got them to reduce the light spill, you can see how much light hits the wall without the reflectors on. Love em!

49891781478_55368b8919_c.jpg

Thanks for showing the differences. I have a 210 gallon that is 30" tall and been considering picking up the narrow lens. I like the fact it is magnetic so easy on / off while also narrowing the spread. I have 3 x a360's over it so would probably pick up a 4th along with the lens to be safe. We will see if they are needed after I lower my lights to 8".

In any case thanks for sharing the delta's. You can see it for sure.

Back