About to throw my Radions in the trash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tonto95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in a rural area and had to go satalite to get internet. It works good for my apex and may solve your issues.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you'll need to as long as you hook them up to your computer. I believe you can still use EcoSmart Live and set it up that way. Reeflink will make it faster and easier to update but I don't believe it's required. I could be wrong though.

As long as you have the Reeflink.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you know someone with WiFi, you could go over to their place to program the lights then take them home to use. I know it's a pain but they would be programmed and you won't loose your investment;)

ckozma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you'll need to as long as you hook them up to your computer. I believe you can still use EcoSmart Live and set it up that way. Reeflink will make it faster and easier to update but I don't believe it's required. I could be wrong though.
Well a good friend of mine just bought radions, and he does not have a reeflink and me managed to program his via usb.

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1463173074678.jpg
Mmmmm, i might be a cave man but ill never be dark in my cave. Its time to upgrade to the halides....

Wifi probally gives you cancer anyway

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well a good friend of mine just bought radions, and he does not have a reeflink and me managed to program his via usb.

I am thinking tree same thing. I never had the reef link. I just plugged my lap top in with the usb cable and used ESL. Programmed 6 lights at a time this way. I don't think wifi had anything to do with it at all? but I guess i could be wrong. If the ops got a laptop I don't see why he couldn't do it that way? Correct me if I'm wrong.

could also just run them on a timer off/on and bypass the whole thing.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, ESL is web based but you don't need wifi to connect to it. It is a pain though if your tank isn't within reach of a Ethernet connection:mad:

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't connect them to ESL, they won't communicate with my WXM. Can't program them, can't set them up. I've emailed @EcoTech Marine and they said the only way to program them is with ESL and Wi-Fi. This shouldn't be the case. They used to have a CD you could use to program them but they no longer use that and you have to be on a computer with internet. Such a shame.
A friend has the same problem just talked about it this week. Hope you get a good solution!

masterbuilder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a few work-arounds but maybe you dont think those are worth it to you. No problem, sell your Radions....get T5...put the left over money in the bank.

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The man has a point. T5's are tried and true. You could get a T5 fixture and add some blue LED strips or couple of those bulbs with LED's inside if you want the "pop" that LED's give your corals. I forget what they are called at the moment.

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a copy of the Connection Manager software that I could email to you. Are you able to grab it down onto a thumb drive or transfer from your phone to your PC? With the Connection Manager software all you need is a USB cable with a Micro USB connector at one end and a standard USB connector at the other. By connecting just one light you are able to find and setu all of your lights. ESL was just the next step and the Reeflink removed the need for the USB cable but the CM software still works. Drop me a PM with your email address if you want the programme.

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the offer @sn2per , I've got internet scheduled to be installed tomorrow morning. No more ice age for this guy.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back