Acan question

quentin17110

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2022
Messages
114
Reaction score
43
Location
mobile
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Is that normal the way my acan look from the side ? What is this tall parts before the coral itself ?
Thank you in advance

IMG_9859.jpeg
 
It can be, yes. Probably the base it was growing on when they cut it off.
Should I cut it shorter or let it like that ? Is it gonna affect his way to grow and create other head ?
 
Should I cut it shorter or let it like that ? Is it gonna affect his way to grow and create other head ?
No it will grow heads off the side. I had one like this and it is now a good size and nice shape
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6006.jpeg
    IMG_6006.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 72
Are they growing fast ? How long it takes to get new head, if good parameter ?
Not long. Once my tank matured a little it started growing very fast. Once new heads popped up it’s grown well
 
Tried to find a decent 30 and 60 day shot of Acan single head growth. Excuse the different lighting I kinda halfass the documentation on that tank.
IMG_2660.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new