Accidentally Siphoned Clownfish

maxemorris

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2022
Messages
168
Reaction score
55
Location
Gainesville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While doing a water change my tiny male clownfish, around an inch, went into the siphon and traveled into the bucket. I didn’t even notice until it already happened. He is swimming fine, do you think he will be okay? Is there anything I should look for?
 
No emergency here everyone. Go back to what you were all doing…

place the clownfish back into the tank. He simply went down a water slide. It will be fine.
 

Attachments

  • DFD507F3-9040-428C-9DBC-E6B066031AA7.gif
    DFD507F3-9040-428C-9DBC-E6B066031AA7.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 470
No emergency here everyone. Go back to what you were all doing…

place the clownfish back into the tank. He simply went down a water slide. It will be fine.
Thank you I needed to hear that. I appreciate the quick response too :)
 
Have you ever seen Nemo? He went through a lot worse and even when through low salinity in the septic system!

All kidding aside, the fish is probably ok. It is probably a little stressed, so keep an eye on it. Clownfish are super hardy tho.
 
Sucked one of my clowns, stuck in the tube, cleaning the tank was a PIA with those 2. He looked at me like "what the heck were you thinking"!!. So I cut the hose right in front of him, tube back into the tank and off he went. Swear he turned around and looked at me again, like, "pay back gonna be a B&6%$...". It was his fault anyway for always attacking me while I was cleaning...he was no worse for the wear...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new