Acclimating coconut worm

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jake9015
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jake9015

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2011
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Location
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just purchased this beautiful coconut worm and wanted to get your opinion on acclimating. ATM I am bucket acclimating but when it comes to lighting how should I acclimate? I have all LEDs and I'm pretty sure it was kept with metal halides
 
It doesn't much matter on the light thing. They are not photosynthetic. Drip acclimation is the way to go. When you grab them, make sure to grab the flimsy end. Normally, this is the back. If you grab the front, it might shoot out of its tube. Big pain to get them back in there.
 
They are filter feeders. They normally eat small plankton. This would be pods, rotifers, phytoplankton.
 
Coco worms and feather dusters really need an established tank to survive. You can buy pods for your reef. I know reefs2go runs sales on them a lot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new