Acclimating to a T5 hybrid

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jekyl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2019
Messages
12,734
Reaction score
16,780
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of pulling the trigger on adding a T5 hybrid fixture to the 2 kessil 360we I have now. Currently running them at 95% intensity during peak. What would be the best way to bring in the T5s?
 
When I added T5s to my Hydra 32HDs, I started at an hour a day during the peak of my lighting schedule and increased it by an hour each week. Once I got to 8 hours, I kept it there. Some hobbyists prefer shorter supplemental lighting periods, some like longer. That will be your preference based on how your livestock reacts and whichever other factors you may consider.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new