Acclimation box “structures” or PVC

FishTacos2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Messages
115
Reaction score
86
Location
Cali
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using acclimation boxes to introduce some new fish including a CBB

What do you use to provide hiding spaces inside the acclimation box. I was using 4” pvc but some say white is stressful and that it should be dark color. 4” schedule 80 is pricy.

Any other ideas?
 
A hiding place should provide a space there the fish can´t see and can´t be seen (and hence not to be disturbed) from the outside. I doubt that the colour inside this hiding place will either lower or rise the total stress level.

Sincerely Lasse
 
Last edited:
Overall I find copperbands to be more inquisitive than many other fish. I just wrapped up qt on one a few weeks back. I use a combo of PVC (sch 40) and egg crate to create nooks and crannies in qt. Honestly, I wouldn't overthink it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new