Achilles tang and orange shoulder Tang?

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was never told I shouldn't but I was more warned if you mix the two tangs there could be fighting? Do any of you have experience with mixing these two tangs?
180 gallon tank plenty of open room and hiding spots.
I have had my orange shoulder Tang for about 3 months now he's around 4 inches, the Achilles Tang I am about to acquire is about the same size and is coming from ocean devotocean devotion LA. He has quarantine the fish for over 40 days and it's 100% sure it is a healthy fish. Please tell me your experiences with mixing these two tangs I have a bristle tooth as well and to be honest he's the meanest fish in my tank at 3inchs

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Predicting fish compatibility is SO difficult, almost like the fish get together and decide to prove the pundits wrong (grin). I think you're adding them in the right order, but to be perfectly honest, I stopped acquiring achilles decades ago, I just could never get them past Cryptocaryon. Hopefully this long term Q on this fish will solve that issue for you.

You might consider acclimating the achilles with the lights dim, (good idea anyway) and then turn them out. The basic hope there is that the tangs will go into sleep mode and not fight, and then in the morning, they just all wake up together and get along (grin).

Jay

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 83 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back