Acro ID - brown frag from closing store

cocoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyones has this or has seen it in the hobby/ might know the specie?
CBAC9786-DFC4-4E65-A5B3-6C52ABF5F4D2.png

I got a couple clippings of the last acro from a display tank at the last salt shop in town. They were phasing out their salt water.Had no one with coral experience around, and no idea the source or species.
Now ive had them almost a year, and still dont know anything except they grow quick and are not brown anymore.
Growing faster than any acro i have including green slimer, and must be very hardy to have survived the abandoned tank they came from.
Photos are from when i got them into the display and also a few months into growth/color change.
Ill post a current photo tomorrow.
If anyone can point me in the direction of a possibly species (Or few) that would be cool
Just a curious feeling i have.
1E51A6F9-9E84-40FC-84CA-A1778A5B1357.jpeg

OP
OP
cocoReefer

cocoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just google image searching miyagi tort gives alot of insight to the tank to tank differences.
Some look alot like mine, some dont really at all.
Same with wwc yellow tip.
Acros are a diverse thingy
The miyagi is named tortuosa and the wwc yellowtip is supposed to be austera, but some photos look real similar

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cocoReefer

cocoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read in corals of the world that true tortuosa dont have much of any polyp extension during the day, and only at night. And have also heard that most individuals called tort are probably austera.
Bit im just a guy with a tank.
Names are seem to be up to who names them in the hobby/trade.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
cocoReefer

cocoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tip Austera
It would be cool if it is. I had ordered one from a vendor a while back and received something else.
122A79EA-D733-40FC-8CF4-F0FA2FD11DA2.jpeg

Grows very slow and never had any color in the growth tips. No matter where i place it. I gave up getting it to look like a yellowtip.
Higher light or lower, looked the same. Ive stuck it mid tank and just let it do its thing. Thick branches like a stag, but grows so much slower than any stag i have

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back