Acro I'd please

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this guy a couple days ago and although Ive had SPS for several months this is my first acro...can you guys help me ID it...I included two pics in my tank (sorry my phone isn't very good at taking pics with the blue light) and one pic of the seller's listing where you can see the colors better. In the seller's pic it says "Bali" above it but that's all...

IMG_20220502_181246.jpg IMG_20220502_163955.jpg Screenshot_2022-04-30-23-28-23-019_jp.naver.line.android.jpg

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you are asking because you want to be sure you paid for what you thought you purchased I wouldn't worry about it. Call it Bob. As long as you like it that is all that matters to include a fair price of purchase.

My point is it can have a name and two hobbyist will still disagree what it is. Don't believe me search this forum for ORA Pearlberry...

So I'm going to say this coral is Bob.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you are asking because you want to be sure you paid for what you thought you purchased I wouldn't worry about it. Call it Bob. As long as you like it that is all that matters to include a fair price of purchase.

My point is it can have a name and two hobbyist will still disagree what it is. Don't believe me search this forum for ORA Pearlberry...

So I'm going to say this coral is Bob.
Haha I was really just curious what I could learn about Bob...i don't really care about the price since I already paid and as far as I'm concerned I got what I paid for

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw everyone, in honor of the first comment I'm now naming my first acro Bob and from now on will refer to him only by this name

Lol - no, it isn't Bob :)

To be honest I do not have an idea what it is or a name to even direct you to compare. I apologize. That is sort of what lead me to my comment. Hoping a few more of the SPS oriented people can chime in and provide some sample names for you to compare. That is really what is needed.

Again sorry I do not have a name to drop. I do think it is a pretty piece. In fact I'd be curious to see its growth pattern over the next few months. It looks like it has protentional to spread from center plug outwards which would be special (cool factor).

Hope your day is going well.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the acro you just bought, what did the guy sell it as? It may take some growing to get an accurate id, I've had acros go from green to pink so no telling in that picture, for me , maybe someone can get you close but I'd see if it grows a little. it looks to have changed a little bit from the sellers picture.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the acro you just bought, what did the guy sell it as? It may take some growing to get an accurate id, I've had acros go from green to pink so no telling in that picture, for me , maybe someone can get you close but I'd see if it grows a little. it looks to have changed a little bit from the sellers picture.
The only name the seller had for it was "Bali"...where I am in Bangkok we don't have so many specific names for the corals so it can be difficult to identify

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only name the seller had for it was "Bali"...where I am in Bangkok we don't have so many specific names for the corals so it can be difficult to identify

You know since you mentioned Bali I'm wondering if they are referring to the source and/or vendor? There is actually a Bali company that is into sustainable corals and fish (captive bred, raised, etc). Maybe we can look there? Or maybe even reach out to them.

Side note I was lucky enough to visit Thailand. Pretty nice place and the people are friendly.

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know since you mentioned Bali I'm wondering if they are referring to the source and/or vendor? There is actually a Bali company that is into sustainable corals and fish (captive bred, raised, etc). Maybe we can look there? Or maybe even reach out to them.

Side note I was lucky enough to visit Thailand. Pretty nice place and the people are friendly.

Thanks, I'll check out the link! I think he was probably talking about the name of the coral although I'm not certain...I can ask him more about it but I doubt this guy knows a whole lot about all the corals he sells...lucky to have Reef2reef!

brahm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has tort like features but it’s very melty in appearance, could end up being a variety of stag like acro’s. I don’t believe this coral grown under optimal conditions and larger would maintain the same physical appearance in terms of coralite structure, spacing, polyps, or overall growth & density.

If it was in my tank I’d give it 6 months and see what it does then try to ID

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has tort like features but it’s very melty in appearance, could end up being a variety of stag like acro’s. I don’t believe this coral grown under optimal conditions and larger would maintain the same physical appearance in terms of coralite structure, spacing, polyps, or overall growth & density.

If it was in my tank I’d give it 6 months and see what it does then try to ID
Good idea

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back